I'm bored. Should I be outlining?
« on: September 22, 2008, 09:02:31 PM »
that's what she said.

goaliechica

• It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
Re: I'm bored. Should I be outlining?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 09:21:18 PM »
Don't start yet. Seriously. I think it's actually counter-productive to think about outlining until you have more of an overview of the class.

I personally am an advocate for doing your outlines yourself, from scratch, as a good way to learn the material, but a lot of people definitely disagree with me on that.

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 09:30:43 PM »
Don't start yet. Seriously. I think it's actually counter-productive to think about outlining until you have more of an overview of the class.

I personally am an advocate for doing your outlines yourself, from scratch, as a good way to learn the material, but a lot of people definitely disagree with me on that.

I'm the opposite.  I'm an advocate of getting outlines from the same professor for the same class from a previous student, then adding your own notes to that outline.

Worked well enough for me, I guess.

goaliechica

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 10:01:14 PM »

I'm the opposite.  I'm an advocate of getting outlines from the same professor for the same class from a previous student, then adding your own notes to that outline.

Worked well enough for me, I guess.

And so we come 'round again to the "find what study method works best for you!" LSD mantra!

:)

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 10:04:40 PM »

And so we come 'round again to the "find what study method works best for you!" LSD mantra!

More like, find what study method gives me more time at the bars.   ;)

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 10:18:10 PM »

More like, "find the study method that gives me the most time at the bars" method.   :)

goaliechica

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 10:26:24 PM »

More like, find what study method gives me more time at the bars.   ;)

::does shot::

I hear there was some of that tonight!

::jealouses::