Law School Discussion

Hair length.

bloomlaw

• Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hair length.
« on: September 22, 2008, 05:57:13 PM »
I'm a guy, and I'll be starting at LS in 2009. I know that the law is a pretty conservative profession, and I wanted to know how long hair is viewed. I've been traveling overseas for about a year, and have grown my hair while I've been here. I've gotten pretty used to it being long- right now its about upper shoulder length-  and it's well taken care of and groomed. I don't really think it would effect me while I'm actually at LS per say, but what about when I have interviews. Even if it is shortened to neck length, and in good condition, what would the people interviewing me think, from a general point of view?

TimMitchell

Re: Hair length.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 06:05:18 PM »

bloomlaw

• Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 06:24:38 PM »

thanks for the input, Tim. Glad I have you here.  :)

Astro

• Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 06:55:40 PM »
I'm a guy, and I'll be starting at LS in 2009. I know that the law is a pretty conservative profession, and I wanted to know how long hair is viewed. I've been traveling overseas for about a year, and have grown my hair while I've been here. I've gotten pretty used to it being long- right now its about upper shoulder length-  and it's well taken care of and groomed. I don't really think it would effect me while I'm actually at LS per say, but what about when I have interviews. Even if it is shortened to neck length, and in good condition, what would the people interviewing me think, from a general point of view?

Length didn't seem to be a problem, although I think it depends on who you're interviewing with.  Cleanliness and presentation seem more important.  PM me for more info.  Too lazy to respond to threads.