Law School Discussion

Employer Recommendation

Employer Recommendation
« on: September 22, 2008, 09:38:53 AM »
I asked my boss from an internship for a LOR to which he replied that he would be happy to do so, but instead, wanted me to write it and send it to him to append his letterhead etc.

I have had not previous experience self-writing LORs so if anyone wants to take a look at a draft, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Re: Employer Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 10:05:24 AM »
I am in the same boat with my employer. He says to put modest aside, write the letter and that he will write additions to it. I have no idea where to start and am a little frusterated to have to write my own letter!

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 11:38:22 AM »
Does anyone have any suggestions. I have never written a LOR for myself or anyone else for that matter. I annoyed that I basically have to do it myself,however, I really want one from this atty. 

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 11:44:10 AM »
did y'all write your letters yet?  i will read a draft.  just finished mine--i also have to write one for myself--and would love to have feedback as well.  i would prefer not to write my own lor, but at least on the bright side we can be semi-sure that ours will be good :)

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 11:47:14 AM »
I wrote mine and sent it in. My boss added a lot and I am really happy with the way that it turned out. I would be willing to read yours if you would like.