Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Employer Recommendation  (Read 1339 times)

zem52887

• View Profile
    • Email
Employer Recommendation
« on: September 22, 2008, 11:38:53 AM »
I asked my boss from an internship for a LOR to which he replied that he would be happy to do so, but instead, wanted me to write it and send it to him to append his letterhead etc.

I have had not previous experience self-writing LORs so if anyone wants to take a look at a draft, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

seattlegirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Employer Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 12:05:24 PM »
I am in the same boat with my employer. He says to put modest aside, write the letter and that he will write additions to it. I have no idea where to start and am a little frusterated to have to write my own letter!

seattlegirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 01:38:22 PM »
Does anyone have any suggestions. I have never written a LOR for myself or anyone else for that matter. I annoyed that I basically have to do it myself,however, I really want one from this atty. 

flip side

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 01:44:10 PM »
did y'all write your letters yet?  i will read a draft.  just finished mine--i also have to write one for myself--and would love to have feedback as well.  i would prefer not to write my own lor, but at least on the bright side we can be semi-sure that ours will be good :)

seattlegirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 01:47:14 PM »
I wrote mine and sent it in. My boss added a lot and I am really happy with the way that it turned out. I would be willing to read yours if you would like.