Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Master's or Law School?  (Read 1065 times)

belledejour

• View Profile
Master's or Law School?
« on: September 21, 2008, 11:05:45 PM »
Hi Everyone!

I am wondering if I should get a Masters in International Affairs before going to Law School or if I should go to LS first and then obtain the Masters. Would the order even matter? Thanks for all your help.

TimMitchell

Re: Master's or Law School?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 11:07:10 PM »
I'd bet a lot of programs offer a dual degree, the Masters prob won't help much with law acceptance... so the order most likely won't matter. I'd research a dual degree, though

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 11:22:30 PM »
I'm doing a dual degree because it's cheaper that way...it's a good thing to consider.
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 08:22:57 PM »
Law school and do the joint degree while in law school if you really want an MA.

I can't find it, but there was this one thread where someone asked if people that have masters degrees are usually smarter or better prepared for law school than people without MAs. The general consensus was no, and someone very articulately pointed out that if anything, the people with masters degrees were usually slightly dumber because they thought another year or two of doing the same *&^% that they did in UG would do the trick, whereas everyone else quickly figured out the need for a professional degree. Seeing some of the people I go to school with that have masters degrees, I'm inclined to agree. Work from there.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.