Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HLS and YLS 1Ls - Two Friends Go to Law School, and Blog About It  (Read 2371 times)

rabbit9198

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
HLS and YLS 1Ls - Two Friends Go to Law School, and Blog About It
« on: September 21, 2008, 10:03:15 PM »
A great friend of mine just started her 1L year at HLS, and I just started at YLS - we decided that to keep our friends updated about our lives and to document our experiences for ourselves, we'd keep a blog about our experiences. I thought it might be interesting for prospective students to compare our thoughts on our schools, and to see what life is like for us. If you have specific topics you'd like us to discuss, send me a PM.

You can follow us here: http://similarlysituated.blogspot.com/
Read my blog about 1L life at Yale (and Harvard): http://similarlysituated.blogspot.com/

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/rabbit9198/

YLS 2011

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: HLS and YLS 1Ls - Two Friends Go to Law School, and Blog About It
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 10:47:48 PM »
This is a cute idea. I look forward to reading it! Can yall talk a little bit about what New Haven and Cambridge are like, respectively? I've visited Harvard a few times and I loathe how artificial Cambridge is, but maybe it's nicer for a student. And I don't really have any idea what New Haven is like.

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 10:59:41 PM »
I loathe how artificial Cambridge is

Did you get out of Harvard Square at all? Harvard square kind of gets worse every year with the increasing glut of chain stores and restaurants, but Davis Square, Central Square, and Porter Square are all much cooler, IMO.
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 11:03:53 PM »
I've only really been in the immediate Harvard area. My SO is from the area (around Peabody/Lynnfield), so I'm more familiar with the northern Boston suburbs than Cambridge. If I get into HLS, I'll definitely check Cambridge out more.

pre_JD_2be

• PM me! I'll read your PS.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 01:58:52 PM »
This is a great idea, I hope you're able to keep up with it as the work piles on!

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 04:52:01 PM »
Loves it! I will be reading regularly

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 09:55:11 PM »

Did you get out of Harvard Square at all? Harvard square kind of gets worse every year with the increasing glut of chain stores and restaurants, but Davis Square, Central Square, and Porter Square are all much cooler, IMO.

What, you don't like an Au Bon Pain within 10 feet of you at all times? How can you say such things?

But also:
Inman! Inman Inman Inman!

Also I'm a little bit obsessed with Porter Exchange lately. Also we got delivery from Qingdao Gardens last night, up Mass Ave, and it was totally f-ing solid. But as for Davis, I thought Redbones was overrated, and now there's a JP Licks in HSq, so I don't get up there as much as I used to.

Oh yeah, but HSq basically sucks except for luxembourgers at Burdick's, CHIPOTLE (I am a slave to the barbacoa, sad but true), and the 24 hour CVS. Oh, and the crepe place. The crepe place is seriously f-ing awesome.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 10:09:05 PM »

What, you don't like an Au Bon Pain within 10 feet of you at all times? How can you say such things?

But also:
Inman! Inman Inman Inman!

Also I'm a little bit obsessed with Porter Exchange lately. Also we got delivery from Qingdao Gardens last night, up Mass Ave, and it was totally f-ing solid. But as for Davis, I thought Redbones was overrated, and now there's a JP Licks in HSq, so I don't get up there as much as I used to.

Oh yeah, but HSq basically sucks except for luxembourgers at Burdick's, CHIPOTLE (I am a slave to the barbacoa, sad but true), and the 24 hour CVS. Oh, and the crepe place. The crepe place is seriously f-ing awesome.

I was pretty pissed when they got rid of The Green House and its buckwheat pancakes. That was the beginning of the end for me. Oxford Spa for sandwiches is still key, and there was even some pretty delicious cafe where Finagle-a-Bagel used to be last time I was out there. I finally made it to Temple Bar for dinner this last time around, and I was pleasantly surprised. Way good! Although not the cheapest. I've also finally reconciled myself to the fact that, no, Cambridge Common was never good, and I just had good times there. And, yes, Inman is great! Thirsty Scholar! And Dalí! And Cuchi Cuchi! Oh my! Ooh, and way agreed about Red Bones being overrated. It's way too loud. And Bluegrass at the Cantab in Central (used to be every Thursday night) if you haven't yet!
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 01:31:35 PM »
Great blog.  Way to make the rest of us feel inadequate.

rabbit9198

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 10:04:41 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the feedback so far - I think we'll definitely be more motivated to keep posting, and posting more regularly, if we get encouraging comments...so I would encourage you to comment on our posts, ask questions, etc.

Great blog.  Way to make the rest of us feel inadequate.

Haha. Well, I certainly hope we're not truly making you feel inadequate! I think you'll see from our posts that both of us have had feelings of inadequacy at our respective schools. :)
Read my blog about 1L life at Yale (and Harvard): http://similarlysituated.blogspot.com/

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/rabbit9198/

YLS 2011