Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: "would you be interested in coming to our office and meet more people?"  (Read 1725 times)

brandy4k

• View Profile
    • Email
I had a screening interview via conference call this morning.
At the end of the interview, the hiring partner said
"would you be interested in coming to our office and meet more people?"

I was like "Yeahhhhhh"
and he said "ok, i'll talk to our recruiting coordinator"

I've waited for like 5 hours now but no calls yet.

Was it a call back when he mentioned coming into the office? or was it just.. nothing???

lexvitae

• View Profile
Re: "would you be interested in coming to our office and meet more people?"
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 04:24:01 PM »
Sounds like a callback, someone should probably contact you soon.  Otherwise the guy was not being careful about the impression he was giving (which I have heard of).

Refused Party Program

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 05:14:32 PM »
Take everything you hear with a grain of salt ...

I had one interviewer in a screening interview tell me he was "calling me back" and that he would "really like for [me] to come back and talk to other attorneys about working at [firm] this summer." Two weeks later, thanks but no thanks letter in the mail.

On another screening interview, the guy told me he was "recommending [me] for a call back interview." Three weeks later, thanks but no thanks. I felt this wasn't as bad since it seemed like he was saying he was putting in a good word, but there were no guarantees.

On a callback interview, the leader of the practice group where I will end up told me: "We really need people with your background, I hope that you accept our offer and I look forward to working with you next summer." Two weeks later, thanks but no thanks ...

Moral of the story: the person you are talking to doesn't always make the decision. So even if they really wanted you there, it doesn't mean you will get an offer/callback. You never know until you get the offer.

Also, keep in mind that callback offers don't come right away. So you I wouldn't fret yet. I also wouldn't count on it either.

Lojack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 10:18:45 PM »
From my understanding the person you meet with is not always the one who actually makes the hires, in many cases especially big firms with formal student programs, they have committess that make collective choices.