Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone faxed an LOR in lately?  (Read 10883 times)

Katfid54

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Anyone faxed an LOR in lately?
« on: September 19, 2008, 09:18:04 AM »
I had a recommender fax a letter in on Monday that still hasn't been processed.  Previously this month, letters were getting turned around in 1 and 2 days.  Has anyone else faxed a letter in this week?  Has it been processed yet or not?  There's a small fear within me that grows everyday that he faxed the letter to the wrong fax number.

Katfid54

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone faxed an LOR in lately?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 12:19:29 PM »
Bumpity?

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 12:33:33 PM »
You should try calling them and seeing if they have received it but haven't processed yet. They were very nice about it when I called for one of my letters earlier in the summer.

Katfid54

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 12:37:34 PM »
You should try calling them and seeing if they have received it but haven't processed yet. They were very nice about it when I called for one of my letters earlier in the summer.

They said they had no way of knowing if they've received but not processed... Is that not what they told you?

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 12:39:49 PM »
When I called in July, they told me they had my letter and were in the process of processing it...it came up on LSAC.org later that night.

Katfid54

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 12:43:14 PM »
When I called in July, they told me they had my letter and were in the process of processing it...it came up on LSAC.org later that night.
Interesting, I'll give that a try... Maybe I'll try and sound more desperate. :D

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 12:46:22 PM »
Haha, well, if you want some humor....my recommender (who is my BOSS!)has been lying to me for two months about having written the rec. He apparently hasn't started it yet.

Katfid54

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 01:28:59 PM »
Haha, well, if you want some humor....my recommender (who is my BOSS!)has been lying to me for two months about having written the rec. He apparently hasn't started it yet.

Ouch... that hurts.  Here's to hoping we both get our LORs in to LSAC in a timely manner :D

Katfid54

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 03:07:31 PM »

I called LSAC and the grumpy lady on the other end of the line said that there was no way for them to tell whether or not its been received until its been processed.

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 03:10:52 PM »
They're stupid. Just double-check that you gave your recommender the right number and if it's not processed by mid-next week, check w/ your recommender. It's probably heavy processing time at LSAC now.