Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Pay Scales  (Read 1653 times)

Huso

• View Profile
Pay Scales
« on: September 18, 2008, 05:30:19 PM »
Is there any source to find out what a firm's pay scale is?  I've been able to find starting salary on NALP, but it seems to be a lot harder to find anything saying how much it increases each year. 

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Pay Scales
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 05:37:24 PM »
Are you just deciding where to apply?  Or are you considering offers?  If you're considering offers, just call and talk to someone in the firm.  It's acceptable information to ask for when you're deciding whether or not to accept an offer there.

Otherwise, I'm not really sure.  If you scour Above the Law, you may find some kind of resource somewhere, but that's the best idea I have!

antsor5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 06:00:35 PM »
not sure how reliable this is but...

http://www.alreadybored.com/regions/salaries

Huso

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 09:33:34 AM »
Thanks, I think I'll just ask someone from each firm I have an offer from.  I justed wanted to be sure that there wasn't some source elsewhere that I could get reliable info from.

offer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 07:33:46 PM »
If you are a Vault Gold Member, you can access Vault's salary survey.  This is the most thorough survey I have seen on the Internet and includes base salary and bonuses for first- through eighth-year associates for many of the large law firms.