Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Possible Burn Out Pls Read  (Read 1092 times)

najachrist

• View Profile
    • Email
Possible Burn Out Pls Read
« on: September 18, 2008, 04:33:23 PM »
 Consistently -3/25or -4/25-Today,  Pt Sec Lr-20/25. I know am burnt out. I don't remember the last time I took a break.  Most PT's have gone up. I went from a 138 diagnostic  to a 167-170 consistently over the couse of 2 1/2 months. I took off from work to study.  My question ?how many days should take off. Im taking the Oct 4 test. 

nevdash

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - myxlastxbreath
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Possible Burn Out Pls Read
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 06:07:57 PM »
First, congratulations on the improvement.

As for the burnout, there's probably no strict answer that can be given; it just depends on how burnt out you are. Maybe try 2-3 days of only doing one game, one RC passage, and ~5 LRs and see how you feel after that. It can be pretty difficult to gauge when to start up again just based on whether or not you want to do a PT (I find myself wanting to do one every day no matter how burnt out I am), but maybe your performance on a small group of problems for a few days will be a good gauge of when your mind is actually ready to get back into it.
What's the deal with signatures?

Also, what's the deal with LSN?
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/nevdash/jd

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 03:31:02 AM »
Take a few days off completely.  It will pay off.

senseless

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 05:04:28 AM »
Good job on the improvement.

I would advise you to take a 2-3 day break BIG TIME!

During my first 4 months of preparation, I put in 2-3 hours per day, 5 days per week. After that I felt comfortable with each individual section. I've spent the past 1.5 months taking timed practice tests (2 per week) to build up endurance. Afterward I spend an hour or two reviewing each practice test, and then I PUT IT AWAY. Some of my wrong answers try to eat me up, but I laugh at them knowing I won't make the same mistake twice...

If there's a particular problem type that's troubling you, now's the time to focus your energy on conquering that problem type.

Considering you have less than 3 weeks before game-day, I'd say the best strategy is to keep preparing but RELAX. Take 2 full practice tests per week, under timed conditions, but don't even think about the LSAT on the other 5 days per week! This is no time for cramming; this is the time to be confident in your training and make sure you can stay focused for the 210 minutes of pure pleasure we will all endure!

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 12:08:42 PM »
Good job on the improvement.

I would advise you to take a 2-3 day break BIG TIME!

During my first 4 months of preparation, I put in 2-3 hours per day, 5 days per week. After that I felt comfortable with each individual section. I've spent the past 1.5 months taking timed practice tests (2 per week) to build up endurance. Afterward I spend an hour or two reviewing each practice test, and then I PUT IT AWAY. Some of my wrong answers try to eat me up, but I laugh at them knowing I won't make the same mistake twice...

If there's a particular problem type that's troubling you, now's the time to focus your energy on conquering that problem type.

Considering you have less than 3 weeks before game-day, I'd say the best strategy is to keep preparing but RELAX. Take 2 full practice tests per week, under timed conditions, but don't even think about the LSAT on the other 5 days per week! This is no time for cramming; this is the time to be confident in your training and make sure you can stay focused for the 210 minutes of pure pleasure we will all endure!

So you mean to say that you arent doing anything from now until test day?

senseless

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 06:22:12 AM »
So you mean to say that you arent doing anything from now until test day?

Sorry, I may have misrepresented myself a bit. I'm going to take four more practice tests between now and October 4. Additionally, I'll review the questions that have given me the most difficulty and throw in an extra Reading Comprehension section or two. At this point I'm fine-tuning and trying not to stress about the big day (although I had my first LSAT nightmare last night). I've prepared well, and I don't want to negate my preparation by "staying up all night before the test," so to speak. I'm confident this will work for me, but your mileage may vary.