Law School Discussion

Someone please calm me...

Someone please calm me...
« on: September 18, 2008, 01:56:00 PM »
OK, so I just sent in some applications.  I only have one letter of reccommendation currently in at LSAC, and another mailed on Monday.  All of my letters will be general letters.

I called admissions for the schools I applied, and they told me applying without all of my LORS currently in would be fine. 

I didn't specify in LSAC each letter designation for each school.  LSAC told me that since my letters are general, they will just be automatically sent to the law schools once they come in (up to the amount each school allows.)

Did I do something wrong?  Just need reassurance.

jack24

• View Profile
Re: Someone please calm me...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 02:24:52 PM »
You did exactly what I did and it didn't cause any problems for me last year.

As long as you get your general letters to LSAC they will take care of the rest.

EDIT:
All of the schools I applied to took all of my letters, so if a school you are applying to only takes two, and you have two good letters and one weaker letter, you might want to find out how to prioritize them.
Mine were sent to the schools in the order LSAC received them.  So if your best letter gets there last it might be a good idea to get it up to the front of the line.  Unfortunately I don't know how to do that, since I didn't need to worry about it.

Re: Someone please calm me...
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 02:26:58 PM »
thank you.  I feel much better