Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Disclosure of Criminal Traffic...  (Read 454 times)

seattlegirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Disclosure of Criminal Traffic...
« on: September 16, 2008, 01:06:32 PM »
is it necessary to disclose criminal traffic infractions by checking the yes box to criminal record? If yes, the what shall be included on the addendum

seattlegirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Disclosure of Criminal Traffic...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 01:33:24 PM »
Ok. Thanks for your help. Will disclose. I got a reckless driving ticket, too fast in an unmarked construction zone, and since I have an out of state driver's license, a hefty fine. Is this what I need to state in the disclosure or should I be detail specific and include what I learned etc?

pirouette06

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 01:46:10 PM »
A couple of my apps specifically direct me to disclose any moving violations, so I will do an addendum. It will be short and sweet --

On November X, XXXX, I was cited for failure to stop at a stop sign. I appeared in court on January X, XXXX and was found not guilty.

Or something like that...I could be wrong, but I think trying to explain what I learned from this is unecessary.

pirouette06

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 03:29:56 PM »
PJC - Stay away from Washington & Lee, their disclosure requirements are very inclusive. You must disclose all citations other than parking violations and if you have ever been party to an administrative or civil proceeding.

IPFreely

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 05:17:48 PM »
There's no need to "stay away" from W&L.  They won't bite.

Disclosure rules vary from school to school.  Overall, assume that you will have to disclose it.  My school says any ticket over $200;  in this state, that's a significant fine, but they recognize that in other states, that's the minimum for a parking ticket.