Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law school visits  (Read 517 times)

ProsecutorWM

• AOL Instant Messenger - ProsecutorWM
    • View Profile
Law school visits
« on: September 16, 2008, 10:34:53 AM »
Hi!  I'm new to the board.  I just wanted to make a fun discussion post because I know the law school application process can be stressful.

Has anyone had any interesting or weird experiences with meeting with law school admission staff or have you had any interesting experiences when visiting a law school you were interested in attending?
Why is it when I'm having fun its wrong? -Squidward Tentacles

blairchuckalways

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN data
Re: Law school visits
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 10:39:31 AM »
Haven't visited any law schools yet, but definitely intend to bring a thesaurus when I do.  :P ;D

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 12:07:38 PM »
Haven't visited any law schools yet, but definitely intend to bring a thesaurus when I do.  :P ;D

I like the cut of your jib   :D
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

nontradintexas

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 12:35:03 PM »
I have a visit planned this Friday.  I predict it will be...interesting.

;) ;) ;)

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 12:54:56 PM »
In all seriousness though, I haven't had any particularly strange experiences with adcom officers but I did get entirely disappointed with my visit to Boston University.  It's a relatively high-ranked school, so I expected an inspiring campus with some great facilities.  I ended up pretty shocked when I asked a student to point me in the direction of the law school and he pointed to an eye-sore of a building.  It looked like some of the projects in Syracuse. 

I'm not trying to disparage BU - it is still a good school, and I am going to apply there this cycle regardless of its appearance.  At the same time, it is probably the ugliest T1 law school.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.