Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Oh Michigan..  (Read 969 times)

clhurley

• View Profile
Oh Michigan..
« on: September 13, 2008, 06:47:12 AM »
OK, so, this is the third time I have asked this, and I hope to get a reply this time, hah. I'm studying abroad in Paris, and trying to simultaneously submit my law school apps (Future word of advice: don't do it. Everyday it's like.. Do I want to go eat pastries with French boys or write about overcoming obstacles in my life, blah blah blah? Hmmmm.. toughie). Michigan had an additional doc that was basically the rights waiver to the letters of recommendation. LSDAS says you must print and send in all additional docs, but the Michigan thing said you could find the rights waiver on LSAC.org. However.. I have searched and searched, and come up with nothing. Someone pleeeeeeease help meeeee. I really, really don't want to go spend 5€ at an internet café when I could do it for free online!
i'm currently abroad in paris, france. poor me. but it changes things.
lsat = 168; gpa = 3.8

blairchuckalways

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN data
Re: Oh Michigan..
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 10:43:20 AM »
I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to, but the rights waiver is a couple lines on the LOR cover sheet (the sheet with the barcode and your LSAC info) that you give to your profs. You just check a box saying you waive or don't waive your rights. I'm unaware of any extra document you fill out to waive your rights; that info is on each LOR cover sheet.

HTH!

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 03:35:40 PM »
If I'm understanding your post this is what I think is going on. Michigan provides an additional 'waiver of right' form for you to sign to give to your recommender, IF you aren't using the LSDAS service and are sending the recommendation in individually (since if you are using the LSDAS service you would indeed use their form and sign your waiver of rights). But you do still need to sign a form and mail it to your prof's in the states....

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 04:13:01 PM »
Yeah--just print the form that LSDAS provides and send that to your recommenders. 

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 07:17:05 AM »
I can't think of anything less appealing than eating pastries with french boys.  Even if I were a girl.

clhurley

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 12:11:52 PM »
ugh, pastries are delicious, and french boys are.. sometimes willing to pay for them? and you know, they're slightly pretty, until you get to know them.

anyway, thanks everyone, that makes a lot of sense..
i'm currently abroad in paris, france. poor me. but it changes things.
lsat = 168; gpa = 3.8

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 12:23:51 PM »
Good luck on your admissions!! Hope to see you in the *best* law school (except possibly Yale) next year!
_______
.|E|R|S.

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 08:11:45 PM »
I'm studying abroad in Paris, and trying to simultaneously submit my law school apps (Future word of advice: don't do it. Everyday it's like.. Do I want to go eat pastries with French boys or write about overcoming obstacles in my life, blah blah blah? Hmmmm.. toughie).

I'm in the exact same position in New Zealand. Just switch eating pastries with French boys with the phrase "getting drunk with polynesian girls".