Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Americas Legal Bookstores' new book-the online law schools book  (Read 7060 times)

Odel

• View Profile
Americas Legal Bookstores' new book-the online law schools book
« on: September 11, 2008, 08:11:28 PM »
I was reading alot of these posts, and I am not here to promote any particular bookstore but all theses post can be answered in this 1 book------It has every Non ABA JD, tons of brand new ABA Online LLM programs from many schools, overseas online LLB's and LLM's, and talks about each bar exam with a non aba jd, and the DC bar process and how DC accepts LLM credits for their 26 credit requirement.  Wash DC Bar will take any Non ABA jd Degree as long as you have 26 bar subject credits.  With all these new aba online programs, its quite possible to gain the 26 credits online if you look around, but many in person LLm programs offer JD electives, so if you were to go to a school like Novus where you can complete your JD program in 2 years, you can take a 1 year in person LLM(and many schools accept Non aba jd degrees into their LLms), you can sit for the DC bar.  The book states LLm credits are acceptable for dc as long as they are bar subjects, but I called the DC bar anyway and spoke to the director.  HE verified that DC accepts LLM credits along with Non aba jd degrees.  Anyway, I would say to check out the book at that bookstore if some of you are really stuck with alot of these questions.  I picked my school, already have my aba school online llm lined up, and know my route, instead of spending hourse searching on google and waiting for replies on message boards. 

sshuang

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Americas Legal Bookstores' new book-the online law schools book
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 05:37:22 PM »
Hi Odel,

Which J.D. program did you pick?  And which online ABA LLM do you have lined up?

Thanks
sshuang

angelcurtis

• View Profile
    • International Long Distance
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 07:35:08 AM »
Reading can be sure a good source of knowledge, it can also help an individual to enhance their vocabulary skills

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 11:02:15 AM »
If you can go to Novus, you might as well consider Mid Atlantic.  This non bar J.D. program is cheaper than Novus because you study only reading Gilbert's outlines.  Then, you can continue on with the LLM.  I looked for reviews on Mid Atlantic and could not find any yet.  Does anyone have any experience with this school.  You will, obviously, have to do a lot of outside case law reading on your own if you go the Mid Atlantic route.
Angie

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 11:27:08 AM »
There is a book called "A Comparison of Online Law Schools" available at Amazon.com for $8.00.  I don't know whether or not it is better than any other guide to online law schools.  The "Search Inside" feature could not reveal the Table of Contents."
Angie