Law School Discussion

« on: September 11, 2008, 11:44:27 AM »

TimMitchell

Re: Transferring - Provisionally Accredited to Temple or Rutgers - C?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 12:29:11 PM »
I'm guessing you're talking about Drexel, what don't you like about it? I'm from the PA area and curious

Re: Transferring - Provisionally Accredited to Temple or Rutgers - C?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 07:58:36 PM »
1. If you weren't comfortable getting a degree there, you should not have enrolled. If I were you, I would forget about transferring right now and focus on prepping for exams. If you're absolutely sure you don't want to earn a degree at your current school, my best advice would be to withdraw ASAP.

2. Nothing is "challenging" about doing the reading and going to class and giving half-baked answers to lame socratic questions the prof asks. You're not graded on that in law school. Your entire grade comes down to one 3-4 hour exam. It's impossible to predict how things are going based on in class "performance". My hunch is that when grades come out you'll see how badly you've underestimated your supposedly "laid back" classmates.

3. If for some reason you do end up in the top 20% of your class (very presumptuous at this point) you might be able to do a lot better than Temple as far as transferring goes.

4. One problem you might run into is not the provisional accreditation, but the fact that your school isn't a member of the American Association of Law Schools. Certain schools will not accept transfers who didn't come from another AALS member school.