Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: W H Y... t h e... D E M O C R A T I C... P A R T Y... I S.... S C A R E D....  (Read 952 times)

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
here is the REAL problem...so listen well. or at least pay attention to these letters and elipses....

independents and we, indigos know the democrat party and "left-wingnuts" and "ad-lib donkees" don't disparage palin because she is a woman

...you disparage her because mccain threw a monkey-wrench in the works....acted like an independent maverick and introduced a radical change to the republican party..an efficacious embodiment of change in the form of sarah palin.

...and it scares some of you on this board...and "leftwingnuts" and "ad-lib donkees" and the democrat party to mortification...

...and guess what?

...it should.

...like aye wrote quite a while in the past on this board...back in 2004...the donkees will not be back until 2012...now it is even plausible the donkee party is over until 2016 or 2020...

px.o.rsta 8)
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

SwEep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
blue warrior, your posting style reads like the UCLA application
*yawn*

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
as an independent aye would not have examined mccain's negative ad suggesting that obama wanted to have "reproductive information" taught to four and five and six year olds...including teaching prevention of the human immunodeficiency virus...aye thought it was just more non-sense...but my dilemma with voting a third time for obama is now in jeopardy mode.

anyway as aye was viewing a leftwing media outlet aye saw that they were now putting mccain in the hiliary clinton category...that made me read on...aye thought...no...don't go there...don't call the man a "liar"...and as aye tuned in for evening news entertainment and found that the new negative campaign launched on mccain was no longer "bush's third term" {which is slowly, becoming apparently inncuous since obamas polls have been sagging since that disastrous trip to europe and the middle east}

...the evening entertainment news was now calling mccain a "liar"...

so aye had to go and check out the bill...

the new negative platform is that mccain is a "liar"...wow! that would make mccain just like hiliary...that can't be good.

with some obvious media bias aye had to look a few things up...

quite shocking! and a little short sighted...besides robbing five year olds of childhood...what kind of government do we want?...

shouldn't parents be the primary decision makers in their children's lives...

here read the bill...how much of this would you want a stranger to discuss these delicate matters your four five six or seven year old...

aye can't wait to hear who doesn't object...

SB99 - Illinois 2003
K-12 Comprehensive Sex Education Bill

(1) Factual information presented in course material and instruction shall be medically accurate and objective.
(2) All course material and instruction in classes that teach sex education and discuss sexual activity or behavior shall be age and developmentally appropriate.
(3) Course material and instruction shall include a discussion of sexual abstinence as a method to prevent unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections, including HIV.
(4) Course material and instruction shall present the latest medically factual information regarding both the possible side effects and health benefits of all forms of contraception, including the success and failure
rates for the prevention of pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections, including HIV.
(5) Course material and instruction shall stress that sexually transmitted infections are serious possible hazards of sexual activity or behavior. Pupils shall be provided with statistics based on the latest medical information citing the failure and success rates of all contraceptive methods in preventing unintended pregnancy and HIV and other sexually transmitted infections.
(6) Course material and instruction shall advise pupils that it is unlawful for males or females of any age to engage in sexual conduct or have sexual relations with a minor as specified in Article 12 of the Criminal Code of 1961.

what was obama thinking?

then aye remember a quote obama made once that kindergarteners should be able to exercise possible protection against sexual abuse...aye thought that sounded strange at the time...but now aye don't know...

so...let the state teach our 5 yr olds...forget about the parents...right?

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
bottom line as an independent aye am swayed by outside the box thinking...aye voted for obama twice and was ready to vote for him again...but mccain has turned the chess game around so that he is now playing from the other side...obama's handlers and the democratic party are trying to right their king and mccain's strategy is brilliant...his queen is moving all over the board...

plus mccain has the media and the democrat machine digging around uselessly for gold in the cold north with less than two months to go...simply brilliant...aye can't revel with most of the board at this sheer genius because as you know most of them are donkees...and aye am a lowly independent...

aye don't want anymore old washington b.shite..and an end to "wasteful spending" ...it looks as if mccain can and will deliver at all costs...even if it means switching the chess board around...aye once thought obama could bring an end to old washington b.shite...but now it seems like just lofy hollow empty words with no substance...and his handlers "kneejerk" {his own words} responses makes me see how his administration would behave.

more and more of the women around me {pro-choice} mind you...are falling in behind mccain and their reasons are simple...the fact that mccain picked a "new-politico"...a working woman who fights corruption in her own party...takes on big oil.{something one of my feminist co-workers has pointed out that the entire congress has failed to call into accountability} and is both charasmatic and down-to-earth..these are women who all voted for clinton the first and second time...and al gore...not kerry surprisingly, however.

...aye hear them say...

the job title is not chairman of the board of governors of the federal reserve system

and who is more commander in chief of the united states of america material?

...watch next when the donkees try to blame mccain for the downfall of a 150 yr.old investment bank and the crumbling investment banking and securities system...aye mean...to them he's been alive since the fed was created right?

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
bottom line as an independent aye am swayed by outside the box thinking..

If you are seriously casting your vote based on sexual education nuances, with a climate that includes the volatile issues of our foreign policy and economy, that does not count as outside the box thinking. That counts as idiocy.

And please, please, PLEASE start using "I" instead of "aye".

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
bottom line as an independent aye am swayed by outside the box thinking..

If you are seriously casting your vote based on sexual education nuances, with a climate that includes the volatile issues of our foreign policy and economy, that does not count as outside the box thinking. That counts as idiocy.

And please, please, PLEASE start using "I" instead of "aye".

:D :D :D

my friend, you are very charming..

but you must also have read that john mccain totally turned around the chessboard...he is playing from the other side now...and obama's once commanding lead is now gone like lehman brothers and bear stearns...poof...gone.

:D :D :D...aye call it a straw which broke the camel's back...that compounded by the bombing of our embassy in yemen makes me see that aye can't vote for obama a third time...

this election cycle aye will cast my vote in a huge swing state like many other independents and some democrats will be doing as well for mccain...

sorry bam...you just have no details...you don't have experience...you have no important "written legislation" in congress..you have no proof that you will "change" washington old politico gunk...as evidenced by bringing joe biden on...you are clearly too aloof and out of touch and you are depraved...

aye think obama's problem is that he needs to mature more as a politician.

obama does give a pretty good speech...

but we need a "doer"... an accomplished "war hero" will be just fine.

p.s..it is ironic that the american people elected our last president who lacked experience and look at how people view him to day...do we really want more of the same???

lack of experience = bush = more of the same

fbartela

• View Profile
Where do you get these phrases like "ad lib donkees" and "Dove Seller"?  I don't think anyone is disparaging Sarah Palin because she is a woman or because John McCain threw a "monkey wrench" into the system.  These questions are because no one has any idea who she really is or what she really stands for.  We are supposed to just what the republicans tell us she stands for or against without questioning it?  When did it become wrong to ask questions and try to find out what someone stands for.  As to the assertion of sexism,are we to assume that when people question Obama and McCain they are disparaging them because they are men?  Sarah Palin represents no form of change unless you assume that change refers to a return to the culture wars of the 80's or that it means absolutely nothing at all.  Pro-life is change?  Shady political hirings/firings are change?  Consistently lying to the public and distorting your policy standpoints for the advancement of your platform is change?  These are the same politics we have seen since the inception of the Bush Era.

John McCain and Palin will shrink the government, cut taxes, protect our national security and fix the economy?  If John McCain is capable of all of these goals how come he couldn't beat the most unpopular president in our history in a debate in 2000.  Why does he consistently flip flop on the issues depending on the political climate of the moment? 

If Sarah Palin is the "efficacious embodiment of change" (whatever that means), how come she is under an ethics investigation?  How come she hasn't held a press conference or answered any really tough questions that are plaguing our country right now?  The truth seems to be that Palin bleeds republican red in the same way that George Bush and Karl Rove do.  She may be a gifted politician and may raise through the republican ranks, however, right now she is incapable of anything but reading off a teleprompter and repeating the same stump speech day in and day out.  She isn't any different from any republican, in fact she is essentially is the face of the republican base.  It is fairly evident that she was a political ploy used to take the spotlight off any and all of McCain's shortcomings.  You don't believe me?  Take it from your beloved Senior senator Chuck Hagel:  http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/09/18/1415527.aspx  or maybe your still in disbelief, assuredly you wouldn't question the demi-god that is Karl Rove:  http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iurWGGzABFJxs6nDAkn0KN5u1aeQD938TK680

The truth here is that when Republicans lash out over issues like Obama's vote on the education bill in question they are essentially performing their lemming like duties and following the faithful over the ledge.  They are diverting the attention to what they believe matters and refusing to focus on the real issues.

You want to talk about Obama's support of a bill that provides education to small children so that they can identify when something has crossed the line of abuse?  You say, lets let parents educate their children?  What about the parents who are abusing their children?  Who are turning a blind eye while a family member abuses a child?  Just because you may have grown up in an environment with parents who educated you about important things like this doesnt mean everyone has that benefit.  Also, you probably weren't exposed to the internet at such a young age, this world changes every day and people need to keep an open mind.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Where do you get these phrases like "ad lib donkees" and "Dove Seller"?  I don't think anyone is disparaging Sarah Palin because she is a woman or because John McCain threw a "monkey wrench" into the system.  These questions are because no one has any idea who she really is or what she really stands for.  We are supposed to just what the republicans tell us she stands for or against without questioning it?  When did it become wrong to ask questions and try to find out what someone stands for.  As to the assertion of sexism,are we to assume that when people question Obama and McCain they are disparaging them because they are men?  Sarah Palin represents no form of change unless you assume that change refers to a return to the culture wars of the 80's or that it means absolutely nothing at all.  Pro-life is change?  Shady political hirings/firings are change?  Consistently lying to the public and distorting your policy standpoints for the advancement of your platform is change?  These are the same politics we have seen since the inception of the Bush Era.

John McCain and Palin will shrink the government, cut taxes, protect our national security and fix the economy?  If John McCain is capable of all of these goals how come he couldn't beat the most unpopular president in our history in a debate in 2000.  Why does he consistently flip flop on the issues depending on the political climate of the moment? 

If Sarah Palin is the "efficacious embodiment of change" (whatever that means), how come she is under an ethics investigation?  How come she hasn't held a press conference or answered any really tough questions that are plaguing our country right now?  The truth seems to be that Palin bleeds republican red in the same way that George Bush and Karl Rove do.  She may be a gifted politician and may raise through the republican ranks, however, right now she is incapable of anything but reading off a teleprompter and repeating the same stump speech day in and day out.  She isn't any different from any republican, in fact she is essentially is the face of the republican base.  It is fairly evident that she was a political ploy used to take the spotlight off any and all of McCain's shortcomings.  You don't believe me?  Take it from your beloved Senior senator Chuck Hagel:  http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/09/18/1415527.aspx  or maybe your still in disbelief, assuredly you wouldn't question the demi-god that is Karl Rove:  http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iurWGGzABFJxs6nDAkn0KN5u1aeQD938TK680

The truth here is that when Republicans lash out over issues like Obama's vote on the education bill in question they are essentially performing their lemming like duties and following the faithful over the ledge.  They are diverting the attention to what they believe matters and refusing to focus on the real issues.

You want to talk about Obama's support of a bill that provides education to small children so that they can identify when something has crossed the line of abuse?  You say, lets let parents educate their children?  What about the parents who are abusing their children?  Who are turning a blind eye while a family member abuses a child?  Just because you may have grown up in an environment with parents who educated you about important things like this doesnt mean everyone has that benefit.  Also, you probably weren't exposed to the internet at such a young age, this world changes every day and people need to keep an open mind.

thanks george orwell...it is not 1984 anymore...and parents... unless aye am mistaken are the legal guardians of their own children...lets keep the depravity of government meddling away from the innocents...shall we...

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
and aye thought aye was the only one yesterday who gave support to mccain and changed his mind upon whom he was going to back. [/color] ;)

got to keep this interesting...
:D :D :D :D

Top Clinton fundraiser backs McCain over Obama
By ANN SANNER 1 day ago

WASHINGTON (AP) A top Hillary Rodham Clinton fundraiser threw her support behind Republican John McCain on Wednesday, saying he will lead the country in a centrist fashion and accusing the Democrats of becoming too extreme.

"I believe that Barack Obama, with MoveOn.org and Nancy Pelosi and Howard Dean, has taken the Democratic Party and they will continue to too far to the left," Lynn Forester de Rothschild said. "I'm not comfortable there."

Rothschild is also a member of the Democratic National Committee's Platform Committee. She said she would be stepping down from her position on the committee but will not switch political parties.

Clinton spokeswoman Kathleen Strand said in an e-mail that the New York senator disagrees with Rothschild's decision to endorse McCain.

"Senator Clinton has been criss-crossing the country and doing whatever she can to make the very clear case that the Obama-Biden ticket represents the new ideas and positive change we need right now, and the McCain-Palin ticket does not," Strand said in the e-mail.

Rothschild said she was excited by the prospect of a woman being in the White House, even though she and Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin disagree on issues. The Alaska governor opposes abortion except in the case of a threat to the mother's life. Rothschild said she supports abortion rights.

"I believe that the McCain-Palin government will be a centrist government," Rothschild said. "It's not going to be an ideological government."

Rothschild is a member of the DNC's Democrats Abroad chapter and splits her time living in London and New York. She was one of Clinton's top fundraisers, bringing in more than $100,000 for her presidential campaign. She built a multimillion-dollar telecommunications company before marrying international banker Sir Evelyn de Rothschild.

Rothschild said she has not discussed her support for McCain with Clinton.

"I'm sure she is not pleased with what I'm doing today," she said. "But you know what? I have to do what I believe in."

aye agree with this fine upstanding democrat...who has also turned to mccain...

anybody understanding now????