Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What to wear to a 2nd callback and accepting your offer  (Read 4950 times)

pig floyd

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What to wear to a 2nd callback and accepting your offer
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 07:24:27 PM »
ffs, wear a suit.

put it on.  it's fun.
I hate science because I refuse to assume that a discipline based in large part on the continual scrapping and renewal of ideas is unconditionally correct in a given area.

Harvey Dent

• Sr. Citizen
  • Nothing bad ever happens on the dirt road...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 08:07:08 PM »
The SA gig IS part of the interview process, essentially.  But it's important to look where the power is.

The OP has an offer.  He's deciding whether to take it.  It's his/her own, additional investigation into the firm, it's culture, it's people.  It will NOT be any kind of formal interviews.  It will be him/her visiting with the people on a more personal level to gauge whether the firm is a good fit.  When YOU have the power, you no longer need to wear a suit if no one else at the firm wears a suit, IMO.

Once you're in the SA program, the power shifts back again.  You're competing for a permanent offer, and you're back in interview/impress mode.

I wasn't disputing power.  I was disputing whether or not it is part of the interview process.  Personally I think everything prior to full-time offer is part of the interview process.
LSN

offer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 08:52:53 PM »
I would wear a suit.  At minimum, I would suggest wearing a sportjacket.

Bob Loblaw Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 12:09:45 PM »
The SA gig IS part of the interview process, essentially.  But it's important to look where the power is.

The OP has an offer.  He's deciding whether to take it.  It's his/her own, additional investigation into the firm, it's culture, it's people.  It will NOT be any kind of formal interviews.  It will be him/her visiting with the people on a more personal level to gauge whether the firm is a good fit.  When YOU have the power, you no longer need to wear a suit if no one else at the firm wears a suit, IMO.

Once you're in the SA program, the power shifts back again.  You're competing for a permanent offer, and you're back in interview/impress mode.

I wasn't disputing power.  I was disputing whether or not it is part of the interview process.  Personally I think everything prior to full-time offer is part of the interview process.

exactly. 

JbooklynD

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 06:46:05 PM »
fwiw, wore a suit, loved the place, will accept offer.

Patently No

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 07:32:55 PM »
Just ask them, dood. Normally, firm dress code is fine. You'll feel weird and you'll weird the other attorneys out if you wear a suit again when you already have an offer. It's not like they're going to rescind it because you didn't show up in your Sunday best.

Know what, forget it. Wear a fedora, french cuffs, and a three-piece suit with ultra-shiny patent leather shoes.