Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Processing Time  (Read 955 times)

booyakasha45

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Processing Time
« on: September 09, 2008, 11:42:38 PM »
So, I had my transcript sent last Thursday afternoon and it already has been processed, which is pleasantly surprising. For people who already have had one or more of recommendations processed, did they take the same amount of time as your transcript? I'm just wondering, because I haven't given my professors firm deadlines yet.

MatchbookTrick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Processing Time
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 11:57:02 PM »
My transcript actually seemed to take forever (about two weeks from the day it was sent from the school). However, I had to get transcripts from two UG schools processed because I transferred. I also figured it took a while since it was in the summer. Now that they're rocking and rolling in the admission cycle, maybe they're running faster. The only LOR I've had processed was sent by my professor on Aug. 19 and processed on Aug. 27. I'm still waiting on the others.

gtg931r

• View Profile
Re: Processing Time
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 01:34:20 AM »
Yeah my transcript was processed very quickly (in July). Then one rec letter was processed in about a week (in July again). My two others were sent from the professors about the same time in mid-August. One cleared in about two weeks, the other is still MIA. So I think its a crap shoot, but the longer you wait the longer it will take to process because sheer volume of LORs increases....and technically its probably a bell curve, and at some point -- (say feb maybe???) the response time would start to to be quicker again...