Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Callback 5 hours after the interview? Whats this mean?  (Read 1372 times)

Texas2L

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas
    • View Profile
Callback 5 hours after the interview? Whats this mean?
« on: September 09, 2008, 11:00:31 PM »
I got a callback literally 5 hours after the interview, although we did have a reception the night before where I spoke with a few partners and had a good time. 

What does this mean as far as my chances for getting an offer out of the callback?  This is a V50 firm.

pig floyd

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Callback 5 hours after the interview? Whats this mean?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 11:13:56 PM »
I got a callback literally 5 hours after the interview, although we did have a reception the night before where I spoke with a few partners and had a good time. 

What does this mean as far as my chances for getting an offer out of the callback?  This is a V50 firm.

From my own limited sample, there is no correlation in quickness of callback vs. offer.
I hate science because I refuse to assume that a discipline based in large part on the continual scrapping and renewal of ideas is unconditionally correct in a given area.

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 11:25:19 PM »

Probably nothing. I'd be willing to wager that most, if not all, of the people from your school who got callbacks got them in the same timeframe. Firms usually make their calls at the same time. This is probably simply a function of the way the firm's recruiting committee works.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 07:33:52 AM »
It likely means that the screening interview was likely just a formality, and the hiring committee/powers that be had already decided to give you a callback before the interview, barring some freakish behavior on your part during the 20 minute meeting.

I don't think it says anything at all about your likelihood of receiving an offer, other than the obvious that they really liked your resume/school/etc.