Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: More than 3 prep tests a week?  (Read 1212 times)

hope4harvard

• View Profile
    • Email
More than 3 prep tests a week?
« on: September 09, 2008, 09:09:38 PM »
I have been taking 3 prep tests a week studying for the upcoming lsat and reviewing mistakes on off days.  Should I be increasing the number of tests I take per week?  How do you guys study?

Mitchell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: More than 3 prep tests a week?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 09:28:12 PM »
Prep tests are for sissies.  I take caffeine pills and read science journals and sudoku books.
Mmmmmmmitchell

lsatscaresme

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 10:44:19 PM »
Hey man, I take one every other day and two on weekends. But my test is October. I guess it would depend on how much time you have left and what your goals are/what other activities are unavoidable. Wait for one of the LSAT gurus to answer this though

drupito

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 04:26:02 PM »
Mitchell is an LSAT guru (even though he is gonna get his A** kicked in fantasy football!)
UGPA:3.57
LSAT: 160 (June 08') retaking OCT. 08'

Applying to: BYU,UCLA

YoCallMeD

• WF Bach - Pimp Extraordinaire
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yocallmed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 07:06:22 PM »
I love your theme song, Mitchell.
"Language is my mother, my father, my husband, my brother, my sister, my whore, my mistress, my checkout girl...language is a complimentary, moist, lemon-scented cleansing square or handy freshen-up wipette, language is the breath of God..." - Stephen Fry

DerekShiHarvard

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 08:23:29 PM »
I have been taking 3 prep tests a week studying for the upcoming lsat and reviewing mistakes on off days.  Should I be increasing the number of tests I take per week?  How do you guys study?

Yes, absolutely. You want to the real thing to be second-nature, and so should take as many as possible.
Links:
PowerScore Bibles
Law School Numbers
LSAT Proctor DVD

The shadow proves the sunshine - press on fellow applicants!

Leverandon

• AOL Instant Messenger - NadoSteve
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 10:07:24 AM »
Yeah, I've been trying to do one a day since the one month til test day mark. I've been pretty good about it so far.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 01:27:45 PM »
How can you do one a day? I wouldnt have the stamina or time.

I think 3 a week is enough.

fbartela

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 01:34:14 PM »
Don't burn yourself out, the LSAT isn't the end of the world.  An important part of staying focused is not to freak yourself out or overstress yourself.  Good Luck!

ssilver0210

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Silverman Bar Preparation
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 01:45:49 PM »
I don't agree with the opinion of fbartela, though I realize that people can differ on this opinion without either opinion necessarily being correct.

Even though you might remain more focused by not working to the point where you begin to feel overly stressed, that extra level of focus might not benefit you if by not working as hard as you would have (had you not been worried about overly stressing yourself) you decrease your preparation to such an extent that it negatively effects your performance on the day of the test. Pushing yourself to the limit (even if doing so causes stress) will lead to increased preparation, which could lead to greater confidence and focus on test day.

In other words, the benefits of pushing yourself to the limit (or even beyond your normal limit, which might cause some negative consequences such as stress), might outweigh any benefits related to not overly stressing yourself.
I provide tutoring both for the LSAT and the MBE at very reasonable rates.  I provide a free hour to all students to try out the tutoring.  Feel free to contact me at silvermanbarprep@gmail.com for tutoring inquires or to set up a free lesson. Visit my blog @ http://www.mbetutorial.blogspot.com