Law School Discussion

More than 3 prep tests a week?

More than 3 prep tests a week?
« on: September 09, 2008, 07:09:38 PM »
I have been taking 3 prep tests a week studying for the upcoming lsat and reviewing mistakes on off days.  Should I be increasing the number of tests I take per week?  How do you guys study?

Re: More than 3 prep tests a week?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 07:28:12 PM »
Prep tests are for sissies.  I take caffeine pills and read science journals and sudoku books.

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 08:44:19 PM »
Hey man, I take one every other day and two on weekends. But my test is October. I guess it would depend on how much time you have left and what your goals are/what other activities are unavoidable. Wait for one of the LSAT gurus to answer this though

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 02:26:02 PM »
Mitchell is an LSAT guru (even though he is gonna get his A** kicked in fantasy football!)

YoCallMeD

• WF Bach - Pimp Extraordinaire
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yocallmed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 05:06:22 PM »
I love your theme song, Mitchell.

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 06:23:29 PM »
I have been taking 3 prep tests a week studying for the upcoming lsat and reviewing mistakes on off days.  Should I be increasing the number of tests I take per week?  How do you guys study?

Yes, absolutely. You want to the real thing to be second-nature, and so should take as many as possible.

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 08:07:24 AM »
Yeah, I've been trying to do one a day since the one month til test day mark. I've been pretty good about it so far.

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 11:27:45 AM »
How can you do one a day? I wouldnt have the stamina or time.

I think 3 a week is enough.

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 11:34:14 AM »
Don't burn yourself out, the LSAT isn't the end of the world.  An important part of staying focused is not to freak yourself out or overstress yourself.  Good Luck!

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 12:59:43 PM »
For me to goal is to walk into the test center with a minimal sense of anxiety and dread. In order to achieve this goal I am spending a fewer hours daily doing drills, and basically mutating my mind to feel "at one" with the test - familiar with the wording, able to identify question types easily and to not be surprised by anything. Additionally, I have found that it is important to determine what my strengths and weaknesses are on this test.

So, in regards to your question about how many PrepTests are enough: only you can answer that. How many do you feel are enough to get you into a state of mind where you will be comfortable taking the test? Don't feel that you have to do any more than that, and don't agonize. There is no set number, and perhaps taking too many can burn you out, although I cannot speak from experience on that point.

For me, I am also keeping a plan B if I fail to get into any of the schools that I want: start a banana farm in Guatemala. I would prefer to go to law school, but if the farm is the worst case then that's OK. Thinking about this helps me to relax.