Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PS vs. DS: Overlap?  (Read 522 times)

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
PS vs. DS: Overlap?
« on: September 09, 2008, 07:17:48 PM »
Hi All,

I'm still trying to get a strong handle on this application cycle.  One thing I've noticed is that most people recommend writing a PS and and DS.  I have been working on my statement for several months, and I feel like I have a great PS.  After reading this board though, I think my statement may read like a DS.  If this is the case, do I need to start from scratch on a PS? I really don't have time for that.

For those who wrote both, what kind of topics did your PS focus on?  I have no clue what to write about as I have used all of my energy on writing the statement that I have which probably, to most people at least, fit the criteria of a DS.

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
Re: PS vs. DS: Overlap?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 08:35:58 PM »
I don't think its a problem if your PS reads more like a DS...it's less paperwork for the adcomms, and that makes them happy :)
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

California_RedRaider

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 08:41:40 PM »
It's not terrible to just send in a DS. It's better to have one good one than a good one and a sloppy one. The second one might make the adcomms think poorly of you.

Make sure to nail the first essay and if you have time to really sit down and write another essay, than do it, if not, move on. :)

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 09:32:22 PM »
Thanks ladies (and to blueskies for the pm).  I think i'm just going to stick with my essay that I have been working on since April.  I think its pretty good, but i'm having some profs take a look at it for good measure.  I'm hoping it will be perfected by the time I submit my apps next month.