Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Failed the MPRE!  (Read 19398 times)

SJU

• View Profile
Failed the MPRE!
« on: September 08, 2008, 07:37:09 PM »
I can't believe I have to study for this exam again. What's strange is that I made an A in my professional responsibility class!!! I've always been a poor standardized test taker. What worries me even more is how frustrating the bar exam will be...

Anyone on (or was on) the same boat?

LawyerGirl822

• View Profile
Re: Failed the MPRE!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 07:51:31 PM »
That sucks-sorry to hear that.  GL on the next exam-I am sure you will do great!

dinsosaur junior

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 11:05:34 PM »
I failed, too. Miserably. I don't care. Just a waste of $60. I left early from the test because I had interviews. And I did not study save for 10 minutes while scafing down a sub before the test.  But some of my finals this semester will also be multiple choice, and I am never good at such tests. Oh well.

legalkitty09

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 09:00:17 AM »
Ugh, I USED the BarBri book and did fine on ALL of the practice tests, but did not do well enough in the state I want. Grrr.....

And it totally shakes your confidence, even though I know it's just the MPRE and I will pass it next time. Irritating.

Any study advice beyond using the BarBri book? ???

NoUsername

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 10:14:18 AM »
I had to take it again, and I didn't even fail.  I took it during my second year of law school, and then worked for a year before taking the bar exam.  VA requires your MPRE to be within 2 years of your bar, so I had to take the MPRE the week after the bar exam.  I got a 124 on it in 2006, and a 95 on it this year.

Nowhere Man

• Sr. Citizen
  • You know who is a Blackstar? Who? Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 12:49:55 AM »
First time taker here....

I scored a 102.

I say just use that BarBri book and really try to understand the rules.

But I don't think a normal Professional Responsibility course in law school can effectively prepare for the MPRE.

I was learning rules and nuances the morning of the test.

But when you talk about destruction, don't you know that you can count me out, in!

legalkitty09

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 09:34:53 AM »
First time taker here....

I scored a 102.

I say just use that BarBri book and really try to understand the rules.

But I don't think a normal Professional Responsibility course in law school can effectively prepare for the MPRE.

I was learning rules and nuances the morning of the test.

For all of you who are recommending the BarBri books, do you have another suggestion? I did just that, and did FINE on all of the practice tests, yet here I am, having to take it again. Help!! ???

Nowhere Man

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 11:02:19 AM »
Umm...the LATEST BarBri out of all the questions I practiced were the hardest (Practising Law Institute and PMBR).

They forced you to discover the most obscure exceptions that are just not noticeable.

I mean the actual MPRE isn't that taxing but the BarBri should have been enough.

Now my question is, did you just ZIP through the questions without going over the questions you got right and wrong.

I mean anyone can do questions, but reviewing the explanations is half the battle.

I will be awaiting you answer and then I will give you some advice.
But when you talk about destruction, don't you know that you can count me out, in!

Nowhere Man

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 11:04:48 AM »
Umm...the LATEST BarBri out of all the questions I practiced were the hardest (Practising Law Institute and PMBR).

They forced you to discover the most obscure exceptions that are just not noticeable.

I mean the actual MPRE isn't that taxing but the BarBri should have been enough.

Now my question is, did you just ZIP through the questions without going over the questions you got right and wrong.

I mean anyone can do questions, but reviewing the explanations is half the battle.

Nowhere Man

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 11:07:41 AM »