Law School Discussion

Failed the MPRE!

jacy85

• View Profile
Re: Failed the MPRE!
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 05:04:03 AM »
From statistics, it looks like not very many get lower than the passing rate: http://www.ncbex.org/fileadmin/mediafiles/downloads/Bar_Admissions/2007stats.pdf

Wait! Page 19 of that document has a bar graph of numbers of attorneys that states admitted in 2007 by various methods, including by "diploma privilege." For real? Do some states still allow diploma privilege, i.e. you can be admitted to the bar without taking the bar exam as long as you graduated from a school on the state's approved list for diploma privilege?

I think this is Wisconsin.  If you go to law school in Wisconsin, you're good to go without taking the Wisconsin bar.

Yale College Inferno

• New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2008, 09:14:19 PM »
I think this is Wisconsin.  If you go to law school in Wisconsin, you're good to go without taking the Wisconsin bar.

Man! So U of Wisconsin law students don't have to take a bar exam?
If you get admitted in Wisconsin using diploma privilege, can you still waive into DC?

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 05:07:25 PM »

I'm not trying to be an ass, but if you can't pass the MPRE after you put significant work into it, you should probably try to take the easiest bar exam possible.

I disagree.  I barely passed the MPRE and I passed the bar with ease. 

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 06:18:31 PM »

I'm not trying to be an ass, but if you can't pass the MPRE after you put significant work into it, you should probably try to take the easiest bar exam possible.

I disagree.  I barely passed the MPRE and I passed the bar with ease. 

So you put significant work into studying for the MPRE and barely passed? 

Also, do you actually get a score on your bar exam?  For some reason, I always thought you just received a pass/fail.

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2008, 06:52:09 PM »

So you put significant work into studying for the MPRE and barely passed? 

Also, do you actually get a score on your bar exam?  For some reason, I always thought you just received a pass/fail.

No, I did not put significant work into studying for the MPRE.  Most people don't, because they still have full-time law school responsiblities. Still, that does not take away how hard it was and definately comparable to MBE of the BAR, just shorter with less topics. 

When I said I passed the bar with ease, I meant, I passed it the first time. 

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 03:23:13 AM »
definately comparable to MBE of the BAR

no way

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008, 11:49:56 AM »
definately comparable to MBE of the BAR

no way

Agreed.  The MPRE was a CAKEWALK compared to the MBE.  Don't get me wrong, it's a tricky little test, especially if you didn't study, but still, no multiple-choice (or more accurately, multiple-GUESS) test compares to the MBE.

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 07:13:12 PM »
How come no one agrees with me on this?