Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PowerScore vs Testmasters  (Read 1110 times)

FutureLawyer9

• View Profile
PowerScore vs Testmasters
« on: September 08, 2008, 04:55:59 PM »
I'm a non-traditional student looking for anyone who has a fairly current review/testimonial (2007 or 2008) for the full Testmasters LSAT course or the full PowerScore LSAT course? Thanks!

gracie1754

• View Profile
Re: PowerScore vs Testmasters
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 04:47:37 PM »
I'm currently enrolled in Powerscore's Full Length LSAT Course. 

Pros:
- Has helped me become familiar with the different question types
- Has helped improve my timing
- Has helped a lot with logic games set ups
- I like the timed practice test sections

Cons:
- It is almost impossible to do all the homework and the extra work if you work full time which of course they recommend if you really want to improve your score
- The class is four hours long and goes until 10:30 which again is hard for people with jobs/families etc.
- Like all programs, the class can be too slow or too fast depending on your classmates

I'm not sure about testmasters but since its class seems to spread out over a longer period of time, it may be better for people who work and cannnot devote every minute to studying. 

Overall, I'm satisfied with the Powerscore course.

blairchuckalways

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN data
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 07:18:11 PM »
I took the TM course, and while it rocks in that you get I believe every question on any LSAT ever, the books do NOT include instructions (or very minimal at most) for each question type so if you work full-time/have any other obligations that might make you miss a class, it's pretty hard to do the homework on your own.

I would recommend PS just because the bibles are great, and if you do miss a class, you probably can refer to them. Otherwise, PS/TM methods are very similar.

FutureLawyer9

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 03:29:09 PM »
Thanks Gracie and Indapie for your comments.  I did decide to enroll in the PS full-length class primarily due to the fact PS includes instructions in the course books and TM does not.  I had heard and read that this is the case and one of the differences b/t the two courses.  While I'm sure TM's is an equally good course, I had to go with PS.  Good luck.