Law School Discussion

1L Firm Jobs Are More or Less Hopeless, Right?

Re: 1L Firm Jobs Are More or Less Hopeless, Right?
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 05:41:46 PM »
I ate a raw banana and my tummy hurts.

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 08:34:37 PM »
Oh, I have a masterplan! Indeed.

It's not patience. You see, I bought six beautiful bananas. But they ripen so quickly! If I wait too long, I will lose a banana to the rot. Perhaps two. Unacceptable. I shan't let the rot take one of my bananas.

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 08:35:22 PM »
Oh, I have a masterplan! Indeed.

It's not patience. You see, I bought six beautiful bananas. But they ripen so quickly! If I wait too long, I will lose a banana to the rot. Perhaps two. Unacceptable. I shan't let the rot take one of my bananas.

When life gives you brown bananas, make banana bread.

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 08:48:30 PM »
That would be brilliant, if only the bananas would consent; they prefer a natural death.

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 10:53:38 AM »
1L summer jobs at law firms are hard to come by -- but not impossible.  The key is to take the initiative and reach out to small to medium sized firms to see if they're interested in hiring a summer clerk.  You may not make as much as the 2L summer associates at top firms, but you will get good private practice experience and make some extra cash.  Alternatively, it's always a good idea to to a summer externship with a state or federal judge.  Those jobs pay $0 but are good resume builders.

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 10:59:37 AM »