Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Try, try again.. LOR Rights Waiver??  (Read 293 times)

clhurley

• View Profile
Try, try again.. LOR Rights Waiver??
« on: September 07, 2008, 01:45:15 PM »
OK, so.. hello from Paris! I am applying to UMich as we speak, and one of the supplementary documents is an LOR rights waiver, stating that I wave my right to access them. It says that, instead of having to use theirs, you can use LSAC's, but... I can't find LSAC's anywhere. Basically, I really don't want to have to somehow find a printer in Paris, pay a ton to mail it off, and hope it actually makes it there. So can someone tell me how to find the LSAC doc? I asked this same question a few days ago, and didn't get any responses  :(
i'm currently abroad in paris, france. poor me. but it changes things.
lsat = 168; gpa = 3.8

JQuann

• View Profile
Re: Try, try again.. LOR Rights Waiver??
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 01:51:28 PM »
OK, so.. hello from Paris! I am applying to UMich as we speak, and one of the supplementary documents is an LOR rights waiver, stating that I wave my right to access them. It says that, instead of having to use theirs, you can use LSAC's, but... I can't find LSAC's anywhere. Basically, I really don't want to have to somehow find a printer in Paris, pay a ton to mail it off, and hope it actually makes it there. So can someone tell me how to find the LSAC doc? I asked this same question a few days ago, and didn't get any responses  :(

When you add a recommender to your LSAC account, a cover sheet is generated. On that cover sheet, the waiver is above the barcode. You read the waiver, sign it, date it, and give it to your recommender, who will submit the cover sheet with the LOR. But that still means you need to mail it off.