Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Pre Labor Day Callbacks  (Read 5437 times)

bitblaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Pre Labor Day Callbacks
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 04:08:27 PM »
Got an offer today from a pre-labor day big firm callback.

Had you followed-up at all or no?

Does anyone know if/when you are supposed to follow-up after a callback?

Not since an email I sent a day or two after the interview asking how long it might take to hear back (as I had forgotten to ask at the time).  A lot of people I've talked to have been experiencing significant time delays before getting offers for next summer (2-4 weeks), so it seems like this wait is now a normal thing.  However, I also got an offer today from a firm I just talked to this past Thursday.
2L

OldCraig

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 05:55:13 PM »
I agree with the above statement. In fact, before I even had my callback at one of the large firms, the recruiter even told me up front that they had abandoned the rolling offer dynamic so they could get all their hiring done before october. She said they would issue their offers the first week in october.

From what I gather, this is becoming more and more common. While the proposition of NOT hearing for another two weeks sucks, atleast I know they haven't dinged me just because of the passage of time. Then again, the longer I have to wait, the more crap will soak into my pants. So, you know, plus and minus.

legallovely

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 07:41:56 PM »
So, do you all suggest following up after a pre-labor day callback?  Any suggestions for a non-desparate way to ask when we will hear?  Thanks :)

Hey Now

• Sr. Citizen
  • This Is Why I'm Hot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 09:19:25 PM »
I followed up and was told that I wasn't getting an offer and that a letter is on its way.  Meaning I get rejected by phone, and then sometime this week by mail.  Fuuuuuun.
Law School Yeah

OldCraig

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 10:25:57 PM »
Lmfao. This whole process is so degrading. You're the top of your class, then they reject the hell out of you. So sick.

pig floyd

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2008, 10:34:05 PM »
Lmfao. This whole process is so degrading. You're the top of your class, then they reject the hell out of you. So sick.

Bad law firms are bad.

l2legalskillz.

perhaps, lol @ law jobs, as a first principle.

iDunno.  how else to explain it?
I hate science because I refuse to assume that a discipline based in large part on the continual scrapping and renewal of ideas is unconditionally correct in a given area.

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2008, 10:36:34 PM »

Bad law firms are bad.

l2legalskillz.

perhaps, lol @ law jobs, as a first principle.

iDunno.  how else to explain it?

Piggy, you're my hero.  Where've you been hiding?
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

TeeTwenty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2008, 01:57:01 AM »
I followed up and was told that I wasn't getting an offer and that a letter is on its way.  Meaning I get rejected by phone, and then sometime this week by mail.  Fuuuuuun.

In other words, calling only makes the pain come quicker.

dinsosaur junior

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 01:55:18 PM »
I called for a different reason but then figured what the heck, i should ask...and there was this awkward pause. maybe i am just paranoid, but i think the awkardness was b/c the lady knew i was getting dinged but did not know if she should say anything. she said i can expect to hear this week. so each day i approach the mailbox with dread.  but yeah, why rush the process? i felt the same way about grades first semester of 1l. everyone wanted them to come but i was okay living in ignorance.

Huso

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2008, 03:37:53 PM »
Is there any harm to following up too early after a callback, assuming they didn't already tell you when to expect a decision from them?