Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Reach +Target + Safety = Profit!??!  (Read 654 times)

secondsblue

• View Profile
Reach +Target + Safety = Profit!??!
« on: September 05, 2008, 02:00:17 AM »
159 LSAT, 3.91 LSAC GPA, no extracurriculars, URM (black male).

Reaches/targets/safeties? Any help is appreciated.

tome

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Reach +Target + Safety = Profit!??!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 10:15:17 AM »
Maybe it is just that I know a lot more about the top schools, but I think once you get below about 165 on the LSAT, it gets much harder to determine what schools are good fits for each category for you. There are just so many more people with your score, and so many more schools whose 25 and 75 you fit between.  Basically, check out the rankings, and see whose 25 and 75 you fit between. That is all anyone here can really go on anyway. Your choice of where to apply will probably more heavily be influenced by reigon.

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 11:23:28 PM »
Maybe it is just that I know a lot more about the top schools, but I think once you get below about 165 on the LSAT, it gets much harder to determine what schools are good fits for each category for you. There are just so many more people with your score, and so many more schools whose 25 and 75 you fit between.  Basically, check out the rankings, and see whose 25 and 75 you fit between. That is all anyone here can really go on anyway. Your choice of where to apply will probably more heavily be influenced by reigon.

Good reply, better avatar.

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 01:15:49 PM »
As a black male, you are basically King URM. Apply to a wide range of schools, from the tippity top (though HYSCCNB are probably out of the question), to a safety in the regions where you want to practice. It will be very hard to predict the kind of boost you will have, especially if you're not heavily involved in extracurriculars. Yours will be a very unpredictable cycle, so just put together a list of schools you're interested in attending and go for it.