Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: John McCain's VP Selection is a Complete Disaster For The Republicans  (Read 11352 times)

SwEep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Is John McCain's VP selection a disaster?
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 04:13:36 PM »
latest rumors are that palin had an affair. since we know republicans don't have hetero sex scandals, it had to be with a chick.

i think i just voted in my pants.

May Julie bless your soul

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 04:13:44 PM »

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 04:14:17 PM »
latest rumors are that palin had an affair. since we know republicans don't have hetero sex scandals, it had to be with a chick.

yes, and her alleged paramour just asked judge seal his divorce file:

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/09/here-we-go.html

why dat?

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 04:14:43 PM »

May Julie bless your soul

consider self, and pants, blessed.

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 07:14:05 PM »

The left is freaking out harder than I've ever seen before.  Thank you John McCain.

Do you have a link or any evidence of this? Or is this just you talking it up to try to create what you speak of?

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 07:19:05 PM »

so most americans are full of poo since they condemn children of illegal immigrants who's been bound by the choice of their parents.?

Do I really need to answer that? LOL. Half of Americans hate Arabians because of what a small group of them did. It's not right, but that's the way it is. Just because everybody else makes stupid judgments about people based on circumstances out of control doesn't mean that you should as well.

And quit trying to smear Palin, please. Criticize her policies and her plans, not her daughter or her husband or her extra marital affairs. That has nothing to do with being Vice President. By attacking her the way you do, you make us liberals look weak and pathetic.

pig floyd

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2008, 07:57:33 PM »
And quit trying to smear Palin, please. Criticize her policies and her plans, not her daughter or her husband or her extra marital affairs. That has nothing to do with being Vice President. By attacking her the way you do, you make us liberals look weak and pathetic.

tbh, she (or her campaign) made her family fair game, to some extent, by holding her most recent child up as evidence of her pro-life convictions.  When that same conviction comes into play with her eldest daughter, it seems again to be fair game.  Not to mention her other convictions that twist around the issue of teen pregnancies.  She (or the people she is supposed to attract) are the ones who condemn teen pregnancy and suggest a strong nuclear family and religious upbringing as the solution.  In other words, take her and her daughter's situation as a case study, if you will.  It is absolutely fair game and goes to the heart of some aspects of her positions.

By way of analogy, if someone in her family had been killed by a gun accident in the home, we would say that goes to the heart of her position on guns.

And of course, we shouldn't focus exclusively on her family issues.  Her other positions deserve attention too.

:)
I hate science because I refuse to assume that a discipline based in large part on the continual scrapping and renewal of ideas is unconditionally correct in a given area.

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2008, 08:22:34 PM »

tbh, she (or her campaign) made her family fair game, to some extent, by holding her most recent child up as evidence of her pro-life convictions.  When that same conviction comes into play with her eldest daughter, it seems again to be fair game.  Not to mention her other convictions that twist around the issue of teen pregnancies.  She (or the people she is supposed to attract) are the ones who condemn teen pregnancy and suggest a strong nuclear family and religious upbringing as the solution.  In other words, take her and her daughter's situation as a case study, if you will.  It is absolutely fair game and goes to the heart of some aspects of her positions.

By way of analogy, if someone in her family had been killed by a gun accident in the home, we would say that goes to the heart of her position on guns.

And of course, we shouldn't focus exclusively on her family issues.  Her other positions deserve attention too.

I completely understand your point. But, by doing this, liberals play right into republicans hands. These social issues are essentially meaningless, they are only used to influence voters, but they don't actually matter. Abortion, guns, religion, others, I mean. By bringing them up, liberals therefore make these divisive issues. By discussing them, we somehow indicate it matters, and these issues- sex education, GOD, guns- are the reasons that rural, poor, working class people who should vote democrat in every election for their own betterment always vote republican.

pig floyd

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 08:26:42 PM »

I completely understand your point. But, by doing this, liberals play right into republicans hands... these issues- sex education, GOD, guns- are the reasons that rural, poor, working class people who should vote democrat in every election for their own betterment always vote republican.

Does she even have positions beyond god and guns?

I hate science because I refuse to assume that a discipline based in large part on the continual scrapping and renewal of ideas is unconditionally correct in a given area.

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2008, 08:35:03 PM »
Exactly. I just wish democrats would bring that up rather than attacking her child's pregnancy or anything else stupid like that. When a republican talks up palin, I just wish people would ask them, ok, good, but what is she going to do as VP?

But our system is way too screwed up for that level of intelligence from the average voter. All we care about is gossip.