Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Preparation - how much is enough?  (Read 937 times)

haicool

• View Profile
LSAT Preparation - how much is enough?
« on: September 04, 2008, 02:11:16 AM »
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering how many books and prep tests the high-scorers went through before they took the LSAT?

It may sound a little silly, considering quality is more important than quantity, but I just want an estimate.

Anyone willing to share their experience?

Thanks a bunch,

HC.

eventually

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT Preparation - how much is enough?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 10:31:13 AM »
In hindsight,I think it is better to review one test ten times than
doing ten different tests only once. Well, others might disagree.

blairchuckalways

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN data
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 09:59:55 PM »
I second reviewing tests to improve your skills, and while I don't think going through every test is necessary, I think going through as many tests as possible/won't burn you out can help you figure out to the greatest extent your strengths/weaknesses and address them pre-test.

For example, if you take 5 tests, you might see a trend that your weakness is justify questions, however, over 10 tests you might see a bigger weakness with parallel flaw. Something like that.

So, my advice would be learn as much background info you can before going into any PT, and then once you feel like you can't really get anything else out of prep material, start taking tests and reviewing them to figure out what prep skills you need to re-examine. You'll know when taking tests is doing you more harm then good (aka burnout, fatigue, IHatetheLSATsyndrome, etc.).

HTH!

Stanley Otto Swift

• AOL Instant Messenger - StanleyOttoSwift
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 04:13:31 AM »
In hindsight,I think it is better to review one test ten times than
doing ten different tests only once. Well, others might disagree.

TITMFCR. 
We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that in battle he is best who is trained in the severest school.

BikePilot

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - joshthebikepilot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 05:54:11 PM »

Its going to vary a lot depending on personality and how good you are at test taking I think. I did the kaplan course and I think took every lsat the lsac had released at that time. It is absolutely true that reviewing your tests is necessary in order to learn from your mistakes. I tend to be quite bad at standardized tests and was sorta picky about where I wanted to go. It worked out well for me in the end.
HLS 2010