Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Undergrad seeking advice  (Read 314 times)

rolltidejoe

• View Profile
    • Email
Undergrad seeking advice
« on: September 03, 2008, 11:47:51 PM »
Hi Everybody.  I'm a Junior undergraduate student at the University of Alabama.  I've been browsing this site now for a couple of weeks and I'm intrigued by what it has to offer.  I think there is a lot of valuable insight I can gain from everyone on this board who has been where I am going and would like to offer their advice.

I spent a couple of years as a pre-pharmacy major.  I made excellent grades my first year, but my grades dropped my sophomore year for personal reasons.  I quickly grew tired of my science classes and realized that pharmacy was not something that interested me greatly.  After a lot of research I decided to change to the Accounting program here at the University.  I started to like the idea of law school, and this is where I am now.

I am still set to get my B.S. on time, maybe the summer after my expected graduation date (May '10) if things don't go as planned.  At that point I plan on continuing into the M.T.A. program here, which only takes a year.  I'll also become a C.P.A. at this point, since the graduate program helps you prepare for the exam.

What should I do at this point?  Start searching for a job, or continue on to law school?  Has anyone here gone to Alabama's law school or through the law school's L.L.M. program?  Is it common to go to one school for your J.D. and another for your L.L.M.?  If I get a job upon becoming a C.P.A., when should I consider going back to school?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but any feedback is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

X-Posted on L.L.M. board.

uh huh.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Undergrad seeking advice
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 10:41:11 PM »
Answer this question first: what makes you think you want to go to law school?