Law School Discussion

Why Don't More People Apply and Go to Howard for Law School???

Re: Why Don't More People Apply and Go to Howard for Law School???
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 01:57:40 PM »
According to ILRG.com, the majority of Howard grads take the bar exam in NY. They managed a 61% bar passage rate in 2007, which was the lowest of any school whose graduates primarily took the bar in NY (15.5% lower than the state average). That basically says it all.

Yet, when you look at the employment stats, Howard's graduates are very similiar to upper Tier 2 or lower Tier 1 graduates. There are just tons more employers, including big law firms interviewing there, menaing many more opporutnities for its students and graduates. 

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 09:56:10 PM »
When I clicked, I totally thought the title said "Why don't more people apply and go to Harvard for law school"

me too!

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 11:42:33 AM »
How about a Hispanic kid with both a UGPA and an LSAT score at the top 25% of what Howard accepts?  I obviously could get in somewhere that is ranked much higher than Howard, but I was thinking of using Howard as my one of my safeties.  And the LSAT score is still negotiable since I haven't taken it yet (probably in Oct., most likely in Dec).  I ultimately seek to work in big law, so Howard's popularity in the big law recruitment circuit is mighty tempting...