Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Not Taking Evidence in Law School?  (Read 1718 times)

offer

• View Profile
Not Taking Evidence in Law School?
« on: August 29, 2008, 04:12:35 PM »
What do you all think about not taking Evidence in law school?  I will not be practicing in a litigation field, and while evidence is part of the bar exam, I've always been a self-learner.

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Not Taking Evidence in Law School?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 05:31:24 PM »
I would recommend you take evidence.  It is the hardest part of the MBE (lowest national avg score among all subjects).  Secondly, you still need to know evidence even if you are not a litigator.  You will need to be able to evaluate what evidence will be admissible if something goes wrong to better structure transactions.

I would strongly advise taking it.

America's Next Top Lawyer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Free at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 06:03:57 PM »
What do you all think about not taking Evidence in law school?  I will not be practicing in a litigation field, and while evidence is part of the bar exam, I've always been a self-learner.

YOU NEED IT!

offer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 06:40:35 PM »

YOU NEED IT!

Can you elaborate on your answer, please?   :)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 07:47:19 PM »
Take it.  I agree you can learn MOST bar subjects yourself.  BUT you have to consider where your time is most valued.  You'll spend WAY more time teaching yourself Evidence than you'll have to spend teaching yourself everything else.  There was so much else to learn, and I would have been even more miserable if I'd had to start from scratch with Evidence.

jimmyjohn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 08:10:21 PM »
Just take it.  How can you call yourself a lawyer if you haven't taken evidence?

mqt

• Sr. Citizen
  • cellar door
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 08:24:54 PM »
A friend of mine didn't take it.  During Barbri, evidence was the subject that he consistently excelled at during the practice MBE tests and self-study MBE questions.