Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Which of these firms?  (Read 4019 times)

antsor5

• View Profile
Which of these firms?
« on: August 28, 2008, 04:02:09 PM »
What do you guys think about these firm (I'd be going for IP, probably lit, maybe opinion/ counseling /due dil., not sure if i want pat prosecution)

Goodwin Procter (NYC)
Kaye Scholer
Fitzpatrick Cella

Anybody know anything good about the hours/work/quality of life/atmosphere/perk/ability to move up. Anything good or bad would help. Thanks

JbooklynD

• View Profile
Re: Which of these firms?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 11:36:40 PM »
goodwin is the best firm on your list, but kaye scholer is more established in ny.

do you have offers from all 3?  how long did goodwin take to get back to you?

antsor5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 09:00:20 PM »
goodwin is the best firm on your list, but kaye scholer is more established in ny.

do you have offers from all 3?  how long did goodwin take to get back to you?

had a callback but still waiting to hear back from goodwin

antsor5

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 07:13:07 PM »
What do you guys think about these firm (I'd be going for IP, probably lit, maybe opinion/ counseling /due dil., not sure if i want pat prosecution)

Goodwin Procter (NYC)
Kaye Scholer
Fitzpatrick Cella

Anybody know anything good about the hours/work/quality of life/atmosphere/perk/ability to move up. Anything good or bad would help. Thanks

bump, any advice between goodwin procter (nyc) and kaye scholer?

Harsh Reality

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 01:55:13 AM »
Fitzpatrick is known for pharmaceutical litigation for name-brands, Goodwin Procter does pharmaceutical litigation for generics (mainly Teva).  Goodwin Procter has a kick-ass office on 42nd street in the new NY Times building.  From what I hear, everyone wants to work at Goodwin Procter because of it's emphasis on lifestyle and not having to work ridiculous hours like most other NY firms.  Kaye Sch. is the typical NY firm, they see their associates as dollar figures, working and billing long hours, the people at Kaye Sch. there aren't too happy.  If you don't perform at Kaye Sch., they kick you out fast.  If you want to learn a lot, go to Fitzpatrick.  If you want lifestyle, go to Goodwin.  If you want to be miserable, go to Kaye Sch.

lola2008

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 10:26:40 AM »
don't go to kaye scholer - they seem pretty miserable.

Refused Party Program

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 05:22:27 PM »
Take this with a grain of salt, because its all rumors, but isn't that what the internet is for:

1) Fitzpatrick: one person in an interview mentioned these guys as one of the boutiques in NYC that is hurting a little bit. I did not mention the Fitzpatrick, he did as the GP v. Boutique discussion came up. He did follow that up with a comment that boutiques are a great place to get training, especially for Pat. Pros.

2) Goodwin: I have heard good things about the NYC office, especially if you want to do bio-tech stuff. That isn't my focus, this is what I hear from my bio-tech friends at school.

antsor5

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 09:16:41 PM »
really? anything else on kaye scholer? I liked them a lot when i visited and talked to people

lola2008

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 03:03:13 PM »
goodwin proctor.