Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LawSchoolNumbers.com 2008-09 cycle and site redesign have launched  (Read 4341 times)

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LawSchoolNumbers.com 2008-09 cycle and site redesign have launched
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2008, 04:55:47 AM »
This is an interesting issue and it's a problem I knew existed. What's intriguing is that there are very few of you in the entire database of 42k+ users that have passwords that include nonalphanumeric characters. Nevertheless, it seems that the lot of you have decided to be active.

I'll implement a solution tomorrow. I think my first idea is to just remove those characters from your password and then have it tell you your new password with the account recovery. It's less than ideal for you all, but honestly (and no offense!), security is more important than the comfort of a handful of users. Those extra characters only increase the risk and I prefer avoiding that kind of risk where I can.

Anyhow, tomorrow I promise you'll be able to log in.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

rabbit9198

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2008, 06:47:36 PM »
I think I mentioned this before on a similar thread (great job, btw - the site looks amazing!), but in the graphical representations it's impossible to know whether more than one person has the exact same stats (and whether their decisions were the same/different). I know the graphs are generally just to give a broad idea of where a "line" might exist, but if there were some way for the floating boxes that pop up to list everyone at that data point, it'd be awesome.

Read my blog about 1L life at Yale (and Harvard): http://similarlysituated.blogspot.com/

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/rabbit9198/

YLS 2011

greenie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2008, 07:47:40 PM »
I honestly liked it better when you could see every user on a small line and see all the "users" for one school on the same screen.  I also liked the search options and check boxes on the top.

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2008, 09:53:33 PM »
I know you said that you were working on the graphs and an option to choose the LSAT/GPA mins, but it would also be nice to be able to see the whole graph on one page (my browser size is maximized, but it can't fit all the data points and LSAT numbers axis on the screen).

Also something random I noticed, on the front page the UPenn graph link seems to be missing.

Thanks for all your hard work!!  :)
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2008, 10:50:33 PM »
I just noticed that on my Watch List, I just get the names of those that I'm watching without their stats.  Could we have the stats as well?

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2008, 12:06:47 AM »
I actually was at the top of the list last year, tied with a handful of users (the datatype was such that 65335 was the highest number; once I change the datatype, this was no longer the case and since I am often logged on now, I am alone at the top).

Also re: stats on the Watch List, it's a tricky issue. This is because you are watching users, not profiles. I suppose the alternative is watching profiles instead of users, but then what about users without profiles? Would it make sense to watch somebody's LLM, transfer, JD, and the user in general separately?

And the issue of logins seems to be a little trickier than anticipated. Accordingly, it will take a day or two longer to fully resolve the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2008, 04:24:20 AM »
no worries, take your time with the login

that's a new zealand phrase by the way- no worries- they use it in place of "not a problem" and "you're welcome".. i've picked it up while living down here

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2008, 07:19:45 PM »
I don't mean to rush or anything, I know you're probly busy as hell, but the LSN message when I try to log on has changed, now it says:

There is a problem with sessions. Please send an email to webmaster@lawschoolnumbers.com

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 12:32:21 PM »
Is this a consistent thing? Can you paste the URL of the page where you see this error message?

This is just step one to figuring out why that's happening. I'll reset your sessions whenever you let me know what page you're viewing this on. Thanks!
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011