Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Logic Games Bible  (Read 785 times)

Craving Oyer

• View Profile
Logic Games Bible
« on: August 23, 2008, 09:40:40 PM »
Looking for suggestions as to how to best use the Logic Games Bible. It's a little overwhelming, as it just seems to be approach after approach after approach to each question type, all running together. I'm not sure how I will ever remember all the guidance about when to use block sequencing vs. non-block sequencing, and does it matter if I make a vertical diagram or a horizontal diagram? Also, is the Bible best paired with the Ultimate Set-Up guide so I can practice each question type as I go?

Thanks for any advice.
December LSAT: 162
LSAC GPA: 3.05 (3.65)

santdani

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Logic Games Bible
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 03:19:27 AM »
HEy.. one quick suggestion as I am trying to make the best of the LGB as well, is to reread the chapter after you are done, and skim through it for a week as you do your other
practice games sections and constantly refer back to it when you see a question type you've already covered. I feel that you should wait a little bit, or until you have that particular game type absolutely
"down", before going to the next chapter/type. Other than that, skimming through it as you watch TV or something doesn't hurt.
Hope that helped!!

DAni

Gone

• Sr. Citizen
  • Goodbye All!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 12:29:33 PM »
Take it one chapter at a time. Don't go on to the next chapter until you understand the previous one.

I would actually recommend doing it the following way. Do chapter 1 the first time you sit down with it. Then the second time, redo chapter 1 and do chapter 2. Then do chapter 2 and 3 (if you have tons of time, you can do 1 2 and 3) and so on. That way you understand the previous game before going on to the next one. At the end of the book, the most important thing to understand is how to tell the games apart, and the last few chapters are meant to help you with that, so don't skimp on them just because they're not teaching you any major game-types.
Best of luck to everyone!

DerekShiHarvard

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 07:04:59 PM »
Looking for suggestions as to how to best use the Logic Games Bible. It's a little overwhelming, as it just seems to be approach after approach after approach to each question type, all running together. I'm not sure how I will ever remember all the guidance about when to use block sequencing vs. non-block sequencing, and does it matter if I make a vertical diagram or a horizontal diagram? Also, is the Bible best paired with the Ultimate Set-Up guide so I can practice each question type as I go?

Thanks for any advice.

The content is the key. Do not advance until you have full internalized the methods. You can test whether you have or not through the use of the practice problems.
Links:
PowerScore Bibles
Law School Numbers
LSAT Proctor DVD

The shadow proves the sunshine - press on fellow applicants!

BrianBHarrison

• Me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 01:43:05 AM »
Take it one chapter at a time. Don't go on to the next chapter until you understand the previous one.

I would actually recommend doing it the following way. Do chapter 1 the first time you sit down with it. Then the second time, redo chapter 1 and do chapter 2. Then do chapter 2 and 3 (if you have tons of time, you can do 1 2 and 3) and so on. That way you understand the previous game before going on to the next one. At the end of the book, the most important thing to understand is how to tell the games apart, and the last few chapters are meant to help you with that, so don't skimp on them just because they're not teaching you any major game-types.

Don't you think that's a little overkill to keep doing the previous chapters every time you move onto the next?  Maybe set aside a time to review several chapters.  I don't know if it is necessary to read the previous chapter again right after you have just read it the previous day or the previous time you studied.

You might want to focus on 1 chapter a day and then after every 3 or 4 chapters.  Review those chapters.