Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: callback questions  (Read 2313 times)

1Lchica

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
callback questions
« on: August 23, 2008, 12:47:49 PM »
I've had two callbacks, and I have several more... I feel like I need to set myself apart. What are some questions you guys think to ask during the callbacks?

antsor5

• View Profile
Re: callback questions
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 03:12:43 PM »
I've had two callbacks, and I have several more... I feel like I need to set myself apart. What are some questions you guys think to ask during the callbacks?

well, if you know the people ahead of time (unfortunately they didn't always let me know on my callbacks so far) and its in your field of interest, mention cases or something their working on and ask about it and then try and specifically relate it to your interests. i always try to ask associates about how they feel about the people they work with and working relationships with partners and other associates (not in those exact words)- i think thats really the most important thing you're trying to learn about the firm on the call back since you really already know about the practice area for the most part. maybe questions about formal training, pro bono, whatever. i like to concentrate on specific questions about the practice field and general questions about the atmosphere. im not so sure you need to set yourself apart in the callbacks, as much as you have to prevent yourself from looking awkward or snobby. best of luck, just be friendly and you'll be fine.