Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: iraq timetable  (Read 3953 times)

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • tea baggers, unite! screw u.s.a.!
    • View Profile
iraq timetable
« on: August 22, 2008, 08:50:51 PM »
so, if obama supposedly naive and irresponsible for proposing timetable withdraw iraq, then what that make gump and condy rice?

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hcWJu9bbzrJZ7uNHjvMn0BuTGqHQD92MMK382

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: iraq timetable
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 11:11:37 AM »
what up, warmongers?

treefity350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 02:08:14 PM »
I've got a time table for you:

Tomorrow: Pack our sh*t and get out of there.
Remember when I was at the picnic - the company picnic - and I hit the ball over the fence? You guys didn't think I'd catch it too but I did. I'm fast as s**t - 17 stolen bases in '72, 18 in '91.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 02:55:15 PM »
so, if obama supposedly naive and irresponsible for proposing timetable withdraw iraq, then what that make gump and condy rice?

:D :D :D :D

hey archie...why u bigots all same?  ;)

listen stupid, what this mean...surge worked...kurds empowered...check the date...

aye believe it is "08" not "07" or "06"...

remember the dems back in those days wanted to divulge the strategy? give everyone a timetable in the middle of the operation...that is what is naive.

bush won argument...mccain's surge worked and now it is summer almost fall "08"...things are very different in mesopoetamia now...

aside from picking up a history book once in a while...perhaps purchasing and regarding a "2008" calendar might help as well...

and didn't aye tell you many moons ago that bush would probably be the first one to start having troops come home?

p.s. put the bottle down...and stop drinking, my man...
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 02:59:06 PM »

hey archie...why u bigots all same? ;)

listen stupid, what this mean...surge worked...kurds empowered...check the date...

remember the dems back in those days wanted to divulge the strategy? give everyone a timetable in the middle of the operation...that is what is naive.

bush won argument...mccain's surge worked and now it is summer almost fall "08"...things are very different in mesopoetamia now...

aside from picking up a history book once in a while...perhaps purchasing and regarding a "2008" calendar might help as well...

and didn't aye tell you many moons ago that bush would probably be the first one to start having troops come home?

julie under no illusion we won anything whatsoever, except temorary peace (to war we start) by paying off some sunnis and taking advantage sadr's reluctance continue fight.  of course, that all already starting unravel.

there reason gump so reluctant adopt timetable, and that because it never his idea.  he just going along because have no choice.  now he cuttin' and runnin'.

treefity350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 04:08:22 PM »

Never.

And by the way, I don't understand how you can say that we're not still in the middle of the operation. We're still in a war, how will the effects of setting a time table now be any different from before? If you think "empowered Kurds" will make any difference in a country where they are a miniscule minority you are ignorant. The Iraqis are still incapable of handling their own security, and our leaving will still lead to massive instability in the country.  The truth is that most dems (and now most pubs as well) want to get out of Iraq in spite of this fact. If our goal were really to ensure stability in Iraq, then we would need to be there another five years at least and stage operations in Iran as well.

The real mission is and always was to destabilize Iraq to the point where they would think about bombing each other instead of us - and though this was a counterproductive mission, Bush was right that we had accomplished our mission long ago. All our presence is doing now is ensuring that if and when the country finally does stabilize, they will all hate us.
Remember when I was at the picnic - the company picnic - and I hit the ball over the fence? You guys didn't think I'd catch it too but I did. I'm fast as s**t - 17 stolen bases in '72, 18 in '91.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 04:09:49 PM »
julie may have start liking you.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 08:56:15 AM »

Never.

And by the way, I don't understand how you can say that we're not still in the middle of the operation. We're still in a war, how will the effects of setting a time table now be any different from before? If you think "empowered Kurds" will make any difference in a country where they are a miniscule minority you are ignorant. The Iraqis are still incapable of handling their own security, and our leaving will still lead to massive instability in the country.  The truth is that most dems (and now most pubs as well) want to get out of Iraq in spite of this fact. If our goal were really to ensure stability in Iraq, then we would need to be there another five years at least and stage operations in Iran as well.

The real mission is and always was to destabilize Iraq to the point where they would think about bombing each other instead of us - and though this was a counterproductive mission, Bush was right that we had accomplished our mission long ago. All our presence is doing now is ensuring that if and when the country finally does stabilize, they will all hate us.

you obviously don't understand the region of mesopoetamia...and you sure as hell don't understand anything about the kurds...in northern iraq...4 to 6 million kurds...in turkey 10 to 16 million...in iran 5 to 6.6 million and in syria .9 to 3 million...

take a trip to northern mesopoetamia "northern iraq" and tell me how those people are doing? go to irbil...zakhu...dahuk...kirku k...atrush...go see who is in charge there...better yet...instead of going there...google the names and read about them...check out kurdish newspaper, my man

you also do not understand what a military "operation" is...for example: in the "Gulf War" how many operations were there?  how stabilized is that region?  do some research...

after you do some research about divulging strategy in the middle of the battle...after you find out who lives in iraq and how they are doing today...compared to living under a genocidal dictator and his sons...get back to me.

If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 10:40:44 AM »
and hey, speaking losers!

your day ending, warmonger.