Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What are my chances?  (Read 1590 times)

shonnie

• MSN Messenger - yh342@nyu.edu
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xshonniex
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What are my chances?
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 11:30:26 AM »
Thank you for your replies. I was MIA for the last 2 weeks and took off time from work for the October LSAT. I was so nervous, and now it's draining the life out of me waiting for the results. I should start working on my apps. I have two letter of recommendations from the professors I was a TA for- one of them being the Director of UG and Graduate Psychology Department of NYU. My major gpa is a 3.83, but I don't think law schools take that into account, do they?
I have 2 other LOR from the COO and Senior VP who I work for directly... I'm not sure how much my occupation (Compliance Analyst for LG) would be considered or weighted in respect to my whole application. I'm really freaking out. I signed up for the December LSAT just in case.
I also have another question- I got my transcripts in last year since I graduated 07 onto my LSAC account. I'm so confused as to whether I have to do that also for LSDAS. If I do, I'm in  screwed because I have to take another day off work! AHHHH! God help me.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 11:45:19 AM »
I don't understand what you mean by 'I got my transcripts in last year'.  Do you mean you already had them sent to LSDAS last year?  If so, they will remain on your file. 

However, even if you didn't, you shouldn't have to take off any work.  You can usually just fax a transcript request and pay for them online through your school.

How do you feel the LSAT went on Saturday?  I am feeling decent about it, but I swing between feelings of solid confidence and serious self-doubt.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

shonnie

• MSN Messenger - yh342@nyu.edu
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xshonniex
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 03:41:46 PM »
I've been asked so many times.. I feel like I should have a voice recorder on hand so that i can play the whole "fine fine.. " blah blah blah. so nerve-wrecking..
How many times have you taken it? Are you planning to take anymore? I'm always freaking out.. desperately in need of a chill pill. I came out feeling extremely anxious.. I can't really say how i did just yet.