Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Visiting firms' hositality suites at school during OCI??  (Read 1147 times)

Buff

• View Profile
Visiting firms' hositality suites at school during OCI??
« on: August 19, 2008, 11:28:21 PM »
An employer doing OCI at my school tomorrow has invited all students to stop by their hospitality suite to meet attorneys, learn about the firm, etc.  OCI employers preselect their candidates based on resume, transcript, etc. for interviews at my school.  All students are invited to stop by, but I wasn't invited for an on-campus interview.  Is this essentially an opportunity for an informal on-campus interview?  Or would it just be too awkward to go?

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Visiting firms' hositality suites at school during OCI??
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 08:35:02 AM »
If you want to work for the firm, this is your chance to do it.  If you can impress someone there it can be a back door to the interview, especially if your numbers/credentials are close.

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
Re: Visiting firms' hositality suites at school during OCI??
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 05:56:54 AM »
An employer doing OCI at my school tomorrow has invited all students to stop by their hospitality suite to meet attorneys, learn about the firm, etc.  OCI employers preselect their candidates based on resume, transcript, etc. for interviews at my school.  All students are invited to stop by, but I wasn't invited for an on-campus interview.  Is this essentially an opportunity for an informal on-campus interview?  Or would it just be too awkward to go?

It probably is a good idea to stop by. I went by the hospitality suite of a firm I did have an interview with, but they were not interviewing at my school for the main office, which is the one I really wanted. So I stopped by the hospitality suite and chatted with the recruiter for a while. I wasn't really trying to score an interview, but I did tell her how I wished they were interviewing for said office here. She asked me to fax her my resume and that she would make sure the main office people got it. A week later I had  a callback from them.
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.