Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Calling Out Obama Supporters! GTFI here now  (Read 8493 times)

Billy Mays here FOREVER!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Calling Out Obama Supporters! GTFI here now
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 04:42:06 PM »
the only VP that matters is Mitt

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 12:05:53 AM »
he unwilling release navy records and not like talk about it (except mention it every other sentence), and that mean not be questioned on anything.

I seem to remember another candidate with a similar strategy...

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 08:01:00 AM »
he unwilling release navy records and not like talk about it (except mention it every other sentence), and that mean not be questioned on anything.

the failure release military records, or the questioning?

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 01:23:44 PM »
SCK, raises a good point.  People like to say that we either need 'the outsider' or 'the one with experience' depending upon what argument is the most self serving.

TITCR

The Republicans used this reverse logic in 2000 (Gore had a lot more relevant Washington experience than Bush). The Democrats are using it in 2008.

This statement is patently ridiculous, fwiw.
Bush was more qualified for the chief executive office because he was the chief executive of Texas.  Governors are far better equipped to become president than Senators.  Gore's executive experience was limited to his position as vice president, a position once properly categorized by John Adams upon being elected to VP, serving under George Washington, when he said: "My country has in its wisdom contrived for me the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived."
VP's do nothing, shape no policy, make no decisions, and do very little leading outside of their own staff.  Hence, Bush was far more qualified due to his history as an executive.
Justice is tangy....

isustudent

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008, 02:37:43 PM »
Ask Americans now who would have done a better job as president, Bush or Gore.  I think they would disagree that Bush was better prepared for the job.

Oh wait, they already did... when Gore won the popular vote.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2008, 02:55:05 PM »
SCK, raises a good point. People like to say that we either need 'the outsider' or 'the one with experience' depending upon what argument is the most self serving.

TITCR

The Republicans used this reverse logic in 2000 (Gore had a lot more relevant Washington experience than Bush). The Democrats are using it in 2008.

This statement is patently ridiculous, fwiw.
Bush was more qualified for the chief executive office because he was the chief executive of Texas. Governors are far better equipped to become president than Senators. Gore's executive experience was limited to his position as vice president, a position once properly categorized by John Adams upon being elected to VP, serving under George Washington, when he said: "My country has in its wisdom contrived for me the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived."
VP's do nothing, shape no policy, make no decisions, and do very little leading outside of their own staff. Hence, Bush was far more qualified due to his history as an executive.

only thing texas state government do execute felons and scrape armadilloes off road.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2008, 02:56:01 PM »
Ask Americans now who would have done a better job as president, Bush or Gore. I think they would disagree that Bush was better prepared for the job.

now, now.  gump going get his own nobel some day.  just wait and see.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2008, 01:08:19 AM »

both.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2008, 10:13:07 AM »

both.

well, it look like gump did have something hide.

lost in the rather brouhaha that memo like one rather got was written.  it just apparently rather got retyped version.

at least gump not mention his vietnam "service" in every other sentence.  kerry stupid do it, too.

Billy Mays here FOREVER!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2008, 02:59:36 PM »
Ask Americans now who would have done a better job as president, Bush or Gore.  I think they would disagree that Bush was better prepared for the job.

But he stole the election by travelling back in time to set up the electoral college system right?