Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best individual tutors for a three-week cram before LSAT?  (Read 328 times)

Maclock

• View Profile
Best individual tutors for a three-week cram before LSAT?
« on: August 17, 2008, 01:13:13 AM »
Hi, folks.  Has anyone reading this thread used a tutor for one-on-one intensive LSAT preparation in the weeks leading up to their test date?  I am in a foreign country and do not have access to LSAT tutors over here.  At this point, I need a major boost in my score and I cannot do it on my own.  As much as 50-60 hours of instruction may be required, but LSAT tutors may have other ideas.

I propose to fly to the States and get what I need over there.  Within reason, I am willing to go just about anywhere; I just want the best bang for my buck.  (The "best bang for my buck" requirement should all but rule out TestMasters, Powerscore, etc.)

As I am quite busy with work and I will be using my vacation time to prepare, this is the only viable option for me.  Right now, I am thinking about the three-week or so period leading up to the October administration.  Owing to their lengths, regular commercial courses in the States are not an option; I don't have that much vacation time!   ;D

Recommendations, anyone?

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
Re: Best individual tutors for a three-week cram before LSAT?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 09:56:41 PM »
While I don't have a recommendation for a tutor, I do recommend you consider getting a tutor earlier than right before the test.  The sooner the better actually...you need some time to let the concepts sink in and to implement them in practice in order for them to be effective.  If you can do this in 3 weeks, then great, but I think you're taking a big risk.
(My recommendation comes from personal experience...I did this last year, and it was a big mistake)
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.