Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Orientation is on Monday...  (Read 1688 times)

AmericanGunner

• Sr. Citizen
  • Huge soccer fan, obviously...
    • View Profile
Orientation is on Monday...
« on: August 16, 2008, 09:10:54 PM »
...at least for us at my school. Who's ready?

More importantly, who's not? I'm not...
"Please stop using obscenities in front of these people, or I'll be forced to thrash you."

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Orientation is on Monday...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 09:53:13 PM »
Why not?  What else do you have to do?

I'd like to think I'm ready to get this show on the road...

But check back a month or two into the semester and ask me again...
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

America's Next Top Lawyer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Free at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 03:58:28 PM »
...at least for us at my school. Who's ready?

More importantly, who's not? I'm not...

well the great thing is that everyone else in your class will feel the same way. You will eventually work out the nerves by the end of the first semester. After people get their grades, they seem to get smart quick. They tend to think less about nerves and more about moving up in class rank.

Just meet as many people as you can and have a good time. Pick out the over competitive students and avoid them like the plague. You will be able to tell them by the way they deny you the class notes for the one day that you miss class.

likeitmatters

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 09:13:00 PM »
yup, my orientation starts tomorrow too.  i dont think anyone feels ready.  you're not alone!  good luck to us both! :)

GPtoKemp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 11:17:10 PM »
I start in 13 hours!  One thing I've been mulling over: what's the appropriate orientation attire?  My school didn't specify if business casual or casual is expected.  I'm thinking polo and jeans, but don't want to show up under-dressed.  Thoughts?

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 11:31:25 PM »
We're casual.  I'm excited about that. 
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

America's Next Top Lawyer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Free at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 01:27:34 AM »
I start in 13 hours!  One thing I've been mulling over: what's the appropriate orientation attire?  My school didn't specify if business casual or casual is expected.  I'm thinking polo and jeans, but don't want to show up under-dressed.  Thoughts?

People start off by dressing formal. You see the guys in suits, button down shirts, and you even see some girls in suit pants like Hilary. But once mid semester rolls around and people start studying for finals, that is when the sweats and the  jeans come out. Then in second semester, people wear whatever they want.

likeitmatters

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 10:09:48 AM »
my school was nice and told us how to dress for each orientation event.  :)  today is business attire, and the rest of the week is pretty much business casual, with the exception of one event on friday (casual).  i think the only reason today is business is because we're doing photos and they want us looking pretty.  lol