Law School Discussion

pt score: 156, any hope for 160's by October

pt score: 156, any hope for 160's by October
« on: August 16, 2008, 05:51:00 PM »
Just found this site and would welcome any knowledge about my situation.  I have been studying 15 or so hours a week for the past 3 months(bibles, etc..).  So far I've taken two timed pt's with the first being a 161 in July, which I was happy with.  However this morning I got hit with a 156 (pt 35).  Should I look at this positively and take from it that I can at least hit a 156 on an off day or am I destined to place in the sub 160 group come October?  Thanks in advance for any positive encouragement or blunt honesty.

Mina

Re: pt score: 156, any hope for 160's by October
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 06:46:44 PM »
You could get higher than a 161 or much lower. I got a 169 the week before the LSAT, and when I took it I got a 161. Do not think about your scores, just focus on learning the material and your pacing, and worry about your score after the test.

If I were you, which I can not be, I would practice at least 6 hours a day until october. And if I am not averaging 165+ comfortably by then, I would practice harder for the december exam, and not take the october.

really man, take it from me (2L), LSAT = everything, and you only get two shots, so make sure you give it your all, and then give more, and then even more--

NEVER fall into a position of either fear, panic, comfort or cockiness. This is bad.

There is no luck on that test, there are the skilled and unskilled. The choice is yours.

SwEep

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 01:55:31 AM »
Fortune tellers are much more accurate at predicting your future than people here. 
Maybe you were looking for this site:
http://predictions.astrology.com/fortuneteller.html

Are you always this negative and sarcastic? give it a rest fool.

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 05:05:10 PM »
You can definitely get above a 160 in October, Bogart.  That said, real test conditions are hard to simulate beforehand, and they ended up crushing me because I panicked, and I ended up scoring much lower than my PTs.  Go in with an air of confidence that you do actually know what you're doing (assuming you will by June!) and you will be just fine.