Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Callbacks and the Writing Sample  (Read 1009 times)

tommytutone

• View Profile
Callbacks and the Writing Sample
« on: August 16, 2008, 05:59:31 PM »

Hi, I've had a pretty good week so far at OCI. 8 interviews, 3 callbacks, 8 more to do next week. I re-read my writing sample I gave to these firms and it was really not very good and had one typo. I've found a much better sample to use for the firms next week, but should I try to substitute this new sample at the firms I have callbacks? Do they read the writing sample before making the callback decision or do they read it before/concurrent with the callback/offer stage? I really had some very good interviews with firms that didn't call back and was above their gpa medians, so I really think the sample took me out. Any advice?

tommytutone

• View Profile
Re: Callbacks and the Writing Sample
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 06:37:24 PM »
someone has to have some insight! I have to try to switch things out tomorrow if I'm going to, so I have to figure this out tonight.

tommytutone

• View Profile
Re: Callbacks and the Writing Sample
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 11:21:48 PM »
I was hoping you would respond Yellow Brick. Ok, so tomorrow I'm going to tactfully switch these samples out. Two of the firms (Winston and Sidley) didn't even ask for them, so I hope I can catch them before them bother reading them. The others, well, I guess they are just lost chances, and I guess there is no point in kicking myself further about them. Thanks!