Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Summer Grade Boost to GPA  (Read 610 times)

dukedogalley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Summer Grade Boost to GPA
« on: August 15, 2008, 04:54:07 PM »
I am a rising 2L, took a class this summer, did well, and as a result my GPA changed from around a 3.55 to a 3.6.  After spring semester I was just outside top 15%...my school doesn't recalculate ranks after summer session.  While the change in GPA is not enormous, as a Tier 2 student a jump from just outside top 15% to, perhaps, top 10% would be huge in the job search.  My problem is that I asked my school to give me a top 10% GPA cutoff so I can put it on may resume and they are not getting back to me.  I would like to send out resumes to a handful of firms that did not attend OCI this week.  Any suggestions?  Leave the spring rank off and just go with the GPA?  Explain in cover letter?  I know OCS should be able to answer but they have been giving me the run around telling me to contact registrar for cutoffs and registrar has been non-responsive. 

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: Summer Grade Boost to GPA
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 04:59:06 PM »
I put something like this on my resume: 2007-2008 class rank X%, x out of xxx, GPA increased since last ranking to 3.XX
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.