Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Views on tayloring the statement to each law school  (Read 597 times)

lawness

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Views on tayloring the statement to each law school
« on: August 15, 2008, 06:44:20 AM »
What are your thoughts on tayloring each statement to each program you are applying to? Does it really make that much difference? I have read advice that suggests one should taylor the statement, but I am struggling with doing so. I don't want to sould like I am just interjecting XYZ law school into the statement and I don't want to have to redo the entire statement! Any thoughts?

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Views on tayloring the statement to each law school
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 07:38:34 AM »
Of course its better to tailor the PS to the law school.  One way to do it without rewriting is to have a single paragraph that is unique to each school (why you want to go there) and the rest remains the same.

That said, at most schools admission is based on 80%:LSAT; 19%:UGPA; 1%:other.  So it probably won't make much of a difference.

Gone

• Sr. Citizen
  • Goodbye All!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 01:26:50 PM »
Tayloring isn't a good thing these days....I don't think law schools are big fans of slavery (although U Texas may appreciate the war with Mexico)
Best of luck to everyone!

ClashCityRocker

• know your rights
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 11:04:49 AM »
Tayloring isn't a good thing these days....I don't think law schools are big fans of slavery (although U Texas may appreciate the war with Mexico)

This is by far the funniest post I've ever seen on a law school discussion board.