Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: quality skills...speaking english...trump color and ghetto-speak stupidity...  (Read 2938 times)

JDat45

• View Profile
    • Email
Atculaly as lnog as frsit & lsat ltetres r crroect yuor biran is albe 2 pcoress all knids of nosnnese!

http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/~mattd/Cmabrigde/
Kidding

Ok, he did have some good points. Didn't like his 'African American' jab to be honest. But apart from that, he has some good points.

please ::)...no jab...truth perhaps...

so you "didn't like" or felt shame?

his jabs shame people...maybe they'll...

rise up...
bless themselves...
not undress themself.

and it is not a jab at african americans...it is a certain mentality that he finds troubling.

Why should I feel shame? I'm African. If anything I should be patting myself on the back. But even when it makes me look good, ignorance is inexcusable. I have no problems with the analysis, it's the jab against the term African American that I dont' like. African American is the term African American people have now accepted and identify with and I hate the arrogance of some high falutin commentators who think their role is to denigrate it at any turn. They give ammunition to the 'racism is made up by minorities' conservatives and gives minorities another thing to be defensive about.

If he doesn't like it, he should just shut the hell up.

he is not denigrating the term, "african american"...

---the self-destructive, lower-class idea that black kids who do well in school, speak English correctly and do not exhibit the anarchic behavior and stupidity so common in the most popular hip hop are, somehow, "trying to be white." ---

...that is a jab to you???

against african american's?  aye think that is a statement exposing a misguided mentality.

Well let me just say, I lived some of this. My sister and I started life in public housing and in subpar schooling and were tortured by less academically gifted students, to the point where we had to hide our brilliance, literally...but that's another story, for another day.
I personally think this article is brilliantly written and I picked up a new vocabulary word to boot!  :-*

JDat45

• View Profile
    • Email
Just read the comments from the beginning. Why does there seem to be a superflous of provocative comments in the Black Law School Discussion Board? We are in here trying to get our "Legal On" like everyone else. If you are intimidated, racist, so on and so forth, that's your right, but please keep your ignorance to yourself. Just do better.
Much appreciated. ;)

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
there seems to be superfluous comments in general...let us just do well shall we...comment early and often.

...beginning with english language standard practices help. but hell...aye use poetic license whenever aye drive on this board...aye don't think you need worry too much; some folks are intimidated by simple avatars... ;)

If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

JDat45

• View Profile
    • Email
there seems to be superfluous comments in general...let us just do well shall we...comment early and often.

...beginning with english language standard practices help. but hell...aye use poetic license whenever aye drive on this board...aye don't think you need worry too much; some folks are intimidated by simple avatars... ;)

Touche!  :D