Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How much did your LSAT score drop from your highest practice score?  (Read 4298 times)

snarkygirl

• View Profile
Re: How much did your LSAT score drop from your highest practice score?
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 10:57:23 AM »
Lindbergh, thanks for the comment.  i definately wouldn't say taking extra breaks is a great idea ... i'd guess it's in line with your idea to take untimed practice tests?  surely people taking untimed tests take a lot of breaks.  either way i'm satisfied with my score. 

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 09:07:46 PM »
Lindbergh, thanks for the comment.  i definately wouldn't say taking extra breaks is a great idea ... i'd guess it's in line with your idea to take untimed practice tests?  surely people taking untimed tests take a lot of breaks.  either way i'm satisfied with my score. 

The idea is to start out untimed, with tons of breaks, and gradually work up to full-length, formaly timed exams, with no breaks -- because you have to develop your endurance and speed after you develop your accuracy.

I'm not criticizing you, just noting it for future testakers.  I'm glad it worked out well for you.

bt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 10:57:21 PM »
Highest prep test score - 177
Average leading up to test - 173
Real Score - 170

Reasons: Time crunch, RC is harder than you will prep for probably, nerves.  Retake!

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2008, 01:49:22 AM »
First time around, I dropped 1 pt from my highest preptest.  Second time, I matched my highest.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 02:45:53 PM »

I suggest focusing on consistently scoring a raw score within a certain range. Shoot for the raw score that you need to get assuming the toughest curve possible. 

Try to get as many right as possible?  Novel concept.  What else Confucius?

You funny :D
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 03:20:35 PM »

I suggest focusing on consistently scoring a raw score within a certain range. Shoot for the raw score that you need to get assuming the toughest curve possible. 

Try to get as many right as possible?  Novel concept.  What else Confucius?

Confucius say: STFU! *kung fu chop*

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 04:56:30 PM »
I belive my highest score was a 176, but I averaged around 171.  I got a 166 on the lamest LSAT in the world - June '07.  I'm focused on keeping my raw score consistently above 91.  A given raw score corresponds to quite different scaled scores depending on the test, but given the historical data for scaled scores, a score of 91+ should equal at least 170. 

I suggest focusing on consistently scoring a raw score within a certain range.  The 88 that I scored on the June LSAT only yielded a 166 while on some tests it would have gotten me a 171.  Shoot for the raw score that you need to get assuming the toughest curve possible. 

@#!* June 07.

@#!* it.

Such an insane curve. If it had been a standard scoring curve, I would've done as well as expected.
_______
.|E|R|S.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 07:19:58 AM »
I belive my highest score was a 176, but I averaged around 171.  I got a 166 on the lamest LSAT in the world - June '07.  I'm focused on keeping my raw score consistently above 91.  A given raw score corresponds to quite different scaled scores depending on the test, but given the historical data for scaled scores, a score of 91+ should equal at least 170. 

I suggest focusing on consistently scoring a raw score within a certain range.  The 88 that I scored on the June LSAT only yielded a 166 while on some tests it would have gotten me a 171.  Shoot for the raw score that you need to get assuming the toughest curve possible. 

@#!* June 07.

@#!* it.

Such an insane curve. If it had been a standard scoring curve, I would've done as well as expected.

While we are at it, 'F the police, 'F the government, 'F Walmart, 'F hood rats, 'F Exon and the other oil companies, 'F the banks.  Crap we should just start a new Fight Club and do what they did.

BTW, that lovely curve for June 07, although a bit more harsh that the other recent ones, is pretty typical of the way recent tests have been curved.  So, back to my idea, if it is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight!

Well then I plan on treating October's test like Tyler Durden treated Angel Face.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.