Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Post-Bac Undergrad Courses  (Read 1796 times)

saywhat

• View Profile
Post-Bac Undergrad Courses
« on: August 12, 2008, 09:10:56 PM »
Do post-bac undergrad courses have any effect on your UGPA calculated by LSDAS?

acatac

• View Profile
Re: Post-Bac Undergrad Courses
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 09:42:05 PM »
From my understanding they do not. I called LSAC about this, since I wasn't sure if my post-bac institution (I only took undergraduate level courses) were considered undergrad or graduate. They said that any courses that you take after graduation are considered graduate classes, and therefore have no impact on your undergraduate GPA. When LSAC processes your transcript, this GPA is calculated and considered separately.

saywhat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 11:25:58 PM »
that's pretty much what i figured. thanks!

tahimik

• "Down with Shannen Doherty."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 12:31:08 AM »
From my understanding they do not. I called LSAC about this, since I wasn't sure if my post-bac institution (I only took undergraduate level courses) were considered undergrad or graduate. They said that any courses that you take after graduation are considered graduate classes, and therefore have no impact on your undergraduate GPA. When LSAC processes your transcript, this GPA is calculated and considered separately.

Looks like I've found the answer to my question, but I just wanted to be sure of one thing: so when we request transcripts, we also have to request from any institution that we've taken classes post-bac?  even if they were undergrad level classes?
Signs you are an LSD weirdo:

1. Posting on every single forum.
2. Posting the schools you are attending, will attend or want to attend.

Sucka.